1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harbor Freight Coupon - Motorcycle Lift

Discussion in 'General' started by OldSwartout, Sep 16, 2012.

1. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

Well this is exactly what I was looking for so thanks guys for postin up. Nuthin cheap or light on this baby. I really like the air/hydraulic pump. Believe me, I was NOT going to purchase a unit where I had to physically pump the hydraulics to raise the table. This unit lowers really cool too. You don't have to hold anything. Press the release and It lowers smoothly and safely, very slow. Just like I'd want it to work. Genie Happy !! :)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  2. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

Anymore details on this?
    My wife got me a gift card for the lift ad I found a coupon yesterday in a magazine so I will be getting one soon

3. pearsonm

pearsonm Well-Known Member

Are H-F lifts long enough to use front and rear stands at the same time?

4. bigkaley

bigkaley Well-Known Member

Yes.

5. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Another Quick Lift Question

What is the opinion of casters on the lift versus none? The advert for the one Mongo has implies some problems with rolling when loading (saying theirs has no casters), but it seems like some ability to move the lift around in the garage (when working on something requiring the extensions versus a bike) would also be helpful.

I've been wanting one of these things for years, but keep waffling. I like the dual system on the one Mongo mentioned, though... One less decision to worry over! I'm always indecisive on big ticket garage items.

Except the vehicles of course! :D

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

You can move these around with the table wheels up front already.. At least the VML 1000.... I move mine around every now and then.. Heavy as sin but you can move it by yourself... With a good back..:D

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hand truck under one end and mine moves around easily enough.

8. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Sounds good. The pictures aren't real clear if there are some kind of wheels on one side somewhere.

Otherwise I'll need a lift for my lift!

Now I need to figure how many strong friends I'll need to get it out of a pickup truck when I get it home! :p

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No wheels but it is easy enough to move (well, easy is relative) with a handtruck making wheels under one side - granted mine is on smooth cement too.

I unloaded mine by myself. It wasn't pretty and no way I could have pulled it off being smaller than I am :D

10. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

11. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

No but I don't like those at all. First you'd have to pull your bodywork off to use that. Then maybe even remove your headers. And even after all of that, you're probably going to struggle to find a good flat spot to place it at. Those are better for cruisers cause the frame normally goes low enough for those pads to lift up directly on that. I'd buy a triple tree stand and a regular spool stand and still save about $100 by not buying that!

12. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

That's what you lift Harleys and quads up with. That, and my kids when we're playing in the garage. Not sportbikes. My kids have great balance, getting harder and harder to throw them off.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

I was interested in the HF lift. I have the jack but it's not really so good with a sport bike, and the thing drops the bike hella fast, and feels pretty unstable.

My question is how can i do the front end, i.e. remove forks, triple tree, etc. on a lift?

14. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I put the bike on backwards, lift the front up by picking up the front tire and place some 2x4s under the bike in a safe place and do what you gotta do.

15. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

Still use a triple tree stand while it's on the lift. Believe someone asked earlier if both would fit while the bike was on the lift and the answer was yes.

16. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

With a pit bull triple clamp lift.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Skyhook

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

well that's hard to use when you're taking out the triple tree...ask me how i know :eek:

19. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

That's what I'm trying to do. I'm selling the forks/shock and need something like this
    (http://www.harborfreight.com/1500-lb-lightweight-aluminum-motorcycle-lift-60636.html) to do it with. The bike will need to sit (somewhat stable) while it has no forks and no shock. I think with that scissor lift deal I'll be able to do that without a triple stand/spool stand at all.
    Am I way off base here?

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

i bought the jack, but it's way too unstable for me. the bike has fell over while jacking it up and it's hard to find a good balance point on a sport bike with the headers and what not. Lowering it also goes from high to low in about 0.25 seconds and that really makes for fun. The only problem is that i currently have no front end on the bike and I want to take the jack out...next time I know not to go this route. But while it was in the air it did it's job..it's just not stable enough for me.