1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harbor Freight Coupon - Motorcycle Lift

Discussion in 'General' started by OldSwartout, Sep 16, 2012.

1. OldSwartout

OldSwartout Well-Known Member

For anyone interested, Motorcycle Classics September/October issue has a Harbor Freight coupon for their 1000 lb. motorcycle lift for $299.99. The regular price is $599, and it's regularly on sale for $400 or so, but seldom at $299. The coupon is good until 12/28/12. The pros and cons of this lift have been debated on this forum a few times, just search for "harbor freight motorcycle lift".

And, no, you can't have my coupon, I plan on using it later this year. :)

You may find another subscriber on here that will share theirs, or you can sign up for the magazine for $30 and get your own.

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Was that coupon emailed or the paper sale flyer?

tks
    M

edit: just read post closer.

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Same-same in current Car & Driver and other mags.

4. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I had a Handy lift before the HF lift. Handy gets props for being a pimp ass lift and if I was taking mutiple bikes on and off a lift everyday I would get another for sure. At 1/3 of the price the HF lift does a fine job with just a little more effort.

5. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Does that lift have multi-position mechanical lockouts? The website says it has a lock, but I can't see it in the pic and just wondering if you can lock it in several positions.

6. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Mine locks in 2 positions but I have left it for days up and unlocked and it has never come down on its own. I lock mine because my little son is in the garage a lot.

7. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

At least I can see the Harbor Freight lift in person. I'd like to get something a little nicer and more substantial as I plan to ABUSE IT !! I just can't find a place that has any other lifts for me to look at. I'd buy immediately if I could find what I'm looking for and could see it in person. Oh well... Patience is a virtue. :)

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've got this one - http://www.pacetools.com/Products/VML-1500 with the side panels to make it wide enough fo the Mule/quads/mower. Worth every penny and it'll last forever. Not a Handy but still damned nice.

9. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  10. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Why would you replace the wheel chock with that one? If you do that then you can put bikes in backwards which from watching my suspension dude do alot of work, is very useful.

11. etemplet

Hey this one looks interesting !! Thanks for the tip !!
    :beer:

12. etemplet

http://www.redlinestands.com/catalo..._111/kernel-1500-lb-motorcycle-atv-lift-table

Hey Mongo, does this look like the same lift you have ?? I wanted more pictures and found this on another site. I wanted to see the locking mechanism up close. The lock system looks kinda chinchy but that is the problem with not being able to see the stuff in person. This thing weighs 780 pounds as opposed to the other one that weighs 462 ??

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That looks exactly like mine.

Which locking mechanism do you mean? The chock or the lock bar for the whole table? The chock is okay, nothing special but works well, I always use tie downs as a backup no matter what, I'm not dropping a bike if I can avoid it. The locking bar for the table is great. The weight diff could be what comes with it - if the chock and the sides are included then it'll weigh more. I think mine was the 780 with everything, I picked it up at the shipping company since they couldn't get a truck to my garage door anyway.

14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

If your interested in one like Mongo's let me know and I can provide a quote shipped... Click Link Below..

15. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm lazy, I like the air over hydraulic :D

17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

if you have a northern tool close by... they sell stand along air over hydraulic rams you can retrofit your $299 lift with. :D

18. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

You do realize you can scan in the coupon, post it here and share with everyone... Or take a good picture of it and post it... My phone has an app that takes a picture and converts it to a pdf which would work perfectly for this situation.

Edit: I'm adding the coupon...just print it out, save it to your phone or whatever and take to the store to redeem.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Your link didnt work for me.

Can you PM me a price. If possible I could pick it up if they are anywhere around ATL.

Thanks,

20. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Damned WERA Classifieds... :crackup:

Anyhow Mongo got his from my wifes company.. Pace Tools is actually a customer that they sell too.. They can do the following Picked up in Norcross for a $50 Dock Fee...

I have the VML 1000 And it is awesome... Mongo has the 1500...

VML-1000- $575
    Vise-$75

VML 1500 Vise and Sides included $950

Marc