1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guns n shit

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Buckwild, Mar 6, 2019.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

No clearly the answer is total confiscation....I mean the drug war has worked so well for this country.

I'd say laws and threat of LE presence does decent job weekly. If we get to the point where we have weekly slaughters at churches then maybe it'll be time to bitch about it.

My local church is a diverse one, we have an Officer from the local PD cover both services every Sunday.....it sucks we need that these days but it's 2019.

2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The media is out of control. Morons on social media are out of control.
    We need more speech control laws.

3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

This is the shit that happens when a generations stops beating their children's asses and let's them hang out playing video games and not get a fucking job.

auminer, jrsamples and crashman like this.
  4. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I agree the media is out of control but disagree as the 1st has to be protected. What we need is more people calling moron....what they are....morons! I did not create any violence by calling you an idiot or misgendered you by using the wrong pronoun, sorry about ur feels but sit back and think about it. There is no such thing as hate speech, just like hate crime is as stupid as it gets. I do not want to live in NZ if the goobermint can remove your right to speech with a flick of a pen and no repercussions. Jeebus, they actually have a chief censor to decide and enforce.

5. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I used this example recently. In Nashville, and probably a number of other cities, the enforcement really isn't adequate because (due to budgets and other priorities), there aren't enough police... or fire department...

So, using fire as an example... There's a fire in the kitchen. Do you have a fire extinguisher on hand and try to manage the fire, or do you immediately run away and call the fire department, then stand by helplessly as it gets worse and worse until they arrive? Enforcement is never going to save lives as quickly as allowing citizens to legally carry. Yes, I do believe the training and qualifications could/should be improved, but I don't think confiscation or "control" is ever going to produce the desired outcome.

6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

You let that bitch burn to the ground and collect the insurance money.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

This mindset is a cancer eating our nation from within. Everybody thinks there "should be a law" and they want the police/government to take care of everything for them. Fuck that! We've slowly but progressively become a Nanny State. There are laws for EVERYTHING and everyone expects there to be a policeman on every corner to keep everyone in line. There is one place that kind of overwatch is acceptable - prison.

cpettit and 418 like this.
  8. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Based on the way insurance companies did people after the floods in 2010, I'd rather not take my chances.

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

And it's only partly effective there.

10. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

How do you differentiate between where to carry and where not to?

Britt likes this.
  11. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Aren't those "No Firearms"'signs effective??

12. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Metal detectors and xray use is the only stop. I try to not frequent places with those tools unless absolutely required.

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Not really. :D

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Marginally more than speed limit signs.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

They sure are! They tell the bad guys where all the easy victims are at.

16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

"Gun Free Zone".... = No Killing Allowed

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Do they put "no sharks allowed" signs on the edge of swimming beaches? Do the sharks obey?

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Are you equating sharks with criminals?

I mean, seriously? How the fuck can you compare an apex predator with a fucking fish?

19. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

They are very effective at identifying victim zones.

Britt likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You need to look at it more like a gig - you take extra lenses and equipment just in case. Same as racing, spares are good, tools you don't plan on using might come in handy so you bring them.

Well, with you a Glover the tools you don't plan on using isn't a real good example but you get my meaning :D