1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guns n shit

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Buckwild, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Meanwhile unlicensed drug dealers kill 100's a day...
    That story was so full of slant I almost had to quit reading it.

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Laws don't stop crimes.
    Criminals will still buy guns from someone.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What’s the mass shooting success rate when the target is also armed?

4. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Drugs are another subject. I have to ask where's the slant? The guy sold a shit ton of guns and claimed he was a hobbyist. How many folks have a hobby that pays 3/4 mil?
    It's the grey area law that's the issue. That whole "They will find them somehow" is a bullshit argument too. It's raining somewhere so I'm going to wear my raincoat. We can do better.

5. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Well, the mass shootings don't happen at a gun show. I've got to be armed in church now? C'mon man.

6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I am doin gas tanks right now, but will address it more later..
    It was the "Automatic" where I am certain it should be Semi Auto, as well as the general "guns Bad" tone.. and OH Yeah.. the whole NRA dictating the Law.. WTF?
    I find it funny The NRA is so BAD... The NRA isn't like the CIA or FBI, IRS... The NRA is We The People.. gun owners ... not some foreign government.

XFBO likes this.
  7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

You're Not?? Going slick anywhere is just silly.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

We can. But that's not what is being proposed.

I shouldn't have to have my stool analyzed for corn and peanut content to buy a box of JHP's.

9. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Selling that volume of weapons without a license is obviously criminal, but removing him from the overall equation would have absolutely zero effect on violent crime rates. The only successful gun control policy would be near total confiscation. If that is what you advocate, just say so. Anything short of that is meaningless hand wringing.

10. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Didn't read the entire article but isn't he going to jail which points to the system somewhat working?

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Why wouldn’t you? You’ll never stop the crazies, and they’ll always strike at the softest targets. Why make it easy on them?

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The bullshit title of "unlicensed gun dealer" is cnn playing with words to make it sound like there is a supermarket of these guys out there -
    "They are hidden in plain sight, peddling weapons on the internet, at gun shows, in parking lots, from the trunks of their cars."

This is a flat lie.

If not, show me one one of these "unlicensed dealers". Should be easy to find according to the article. Good grief people. :crackup:

13. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

To the elites living in the towers at CNN, anyone who has more than one gun is a gun nut and a potential unlicensed dealer.

14. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Dude, the article showed you a few examples of those unlicensed dealers. How the fuck do you ignore a guy selling 1800 guns? Seriously?
    And the answer is to conceal carry to church because the laws and enforcement is basically ineffective? Holy shit.

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

There was a story in the local paper where they described 5 handguns as an arsenal.

16. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I always laugh when they report: "Hundreds of rounds of ammunition."
    You mean like on him? For the day? Surely not the total in his possession?
    :crackup:

jrsamples likes this.
  17. Spang308

Yup...because criminals follow laws. I mean afterall, they're not criminals! Uhh, wait.
    Holy shit.

18. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Gotcha. Fight fire with fire because the laws and enforcement are shit. There’s the solution.

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You walked right past my point.

CNN is playing with words making it sound like people are posing as legitimate gun dealers without a license. This is horseshit. There is nobody running a gun store or at any gun show or on gunbroker pretending to be a dealer who isn't one. Which is what CNN claims is happening. Just no.

20. Spang308

Disclosure: I didn't read the article so I won't comment on it specifically. That said, gun laws don't prevent criminals from acquiring guns. They, by their very definition, don't follow laws. I am in favor of everyone going through a background check. I am also in favor of there being zero restrictions on the type of weapon an eligible citizen should be able to legally purchase. Mongo joked a few days ago about a grenade launcher and a tank. I would lose absolutely zero seconds of sleep knowing he or anyone like him possesed them. Full auto. I don't care. Rocket propelled grenades. I don't care. If you are deemed responsible enough to own a .22 plinking rifle, you are deemed responsible enough to own whatever the fuck you want.
    I mean, outside of being the Lex Luthor of American motorcycle road racing, what has Sean done to warrant denying him his constitutionally protected rights? The 2nd amendment states the right to bear arms. Nowhere does it state that it's limited to a certain caliber or magazine capacity.
    If the dude in the article is selling guns out of his trunk without background checks, that needs to stop...even though it's not a widespread rampant problem. If he's selling guns to legally eligible citizens with prior background checks, have at it.
    Gun laws don't lower crime. If they did, Chicago wouldn't be the murder capital of America. Criminals are criminals and they will do criminal shit. Laws won't slow them down.