1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSXR 600/750- weaknesses

Discussion in 'General' started by bradd15, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Do they still eat regulators and stators faster than I eat a large pizza?

2. neckbrace

neckbrace Well-Known Member

Sounds like Orc mischief to me...

Are you at the shop next week?

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  3. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Yeah, flying back Sunday night. Hopefully. If I ever get there.

Jennings might be one of the most inconvenient tracks to fly to.

4. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Not in my experience.

Lots of people know a lot more than me, though.

5. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I guess they got that sorted out then. That's good.

6. gixxercurt

gixxercurt Curtis Murray

They can be competitive. They feel great under hard breaking, turn in well, hard to get them to finish corners at times, they feel heavy making quick transitions due to raising them up..(Barber chicane and the bus stop all the way through 5 at Rd atl are places you can really tell) Not saying you can't go fast through those sections but it will wear on you after 15-20 laps, more so than the R6 ... I would stuggle with rear end grip (regularly) sooner than most of the R6s I raced...

roy826ex likes this.
  7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm pretty sure the newest generation doesn't have that issue.

To be honest though, I have an 06 600 and I've never had any issues. I relocated the RR from its stock location (between the radiator and the headers o_O) to a spot that got better airflow so it would be less prone to overheat and eating itself and I've had no issues. Still has the same RR it had when I bought the bike.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Parking it in the Whorelando area and coming back to a skinny cracka-ass cracka with a tan and a grin making sweet love to your Akra pipe.

9. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

NO

10. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Corner exit in comparison to R6.

11. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I never had the problem myself either, and I had 05, 06, and 07 600s. I only know one person who had that problem with his 06 750, and it was 6-8 years old when his died.

12. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I love my '12 gixxa 600. I found myself running it around Jennings more than the RSV4. I can 'slam' the 600 (at my slow :22, maybe :21 pace) into the corners and it just sticks, settles in. Some rear grip issues in T3, T11, and T12. (Dunlop slicks, 7455 - JRI MC10, GP 25 mil forks)

Bike feels so light, so stable, so easy to ride. Can't compare it to an R6, except I was smokin' those fools.....at the trackday. :D

13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

But did you win?

14. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I was the fastest guy there sunday without a doubt!!!

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  15. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

do you care about 06+?

ive done three 6 hour endurance races on my mostly stock gsxr 600. teammates normally ride r6's, rc8, 675's, blah blah. A lot of back handed compliments... brakes are a little squishy, but nice. power is kind of bleh, but nice. I don't care, "nice" got us 1 overall win and 2 middleweight #1's.

someone already mentioned. it doesnt do anything great but does everything well.

16. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

I thought he used the ZX6RR?

17. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I think they used the 636 ZX6R in Superstock against the 750's.

Bloodhound likes this.
  18. That sums my thoughts exactly.

The 750 has a power and torque advantage, but the R6 is lighter, handles and stops better. If the R6 is modded/built for more power, then R6>750.

Suzuki essentially hasn't done shit with their 600/750 since 2006. They look a little different, and have been tweaked here and there, but when you get down to the specs of weight, HP, stopping power, and handling...a 2015 isn't much better or different than a 2006 in terms of performance.

In other words, if somebody has a well sorted 2006 that is in great shape, their lap times won't improve much, if any, on a 2015.

It can be summed up as a "good bike". It is reliable, and does everything "good". But there isn't really anything "great" about it.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Nah, he tried to give the 750s a chance. :D

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm too lazy to look up stats on my phone, but in the sstk class over the past few years, other than last year it was won by great riders on GSXRs.
    Cory Alexander
    Hayden Gillim
    Risploli 2 years straight
    Maybe Dominguez too, can't remember

Big boy 600 class other than Graves championship the past couple years you had

Marteen 2x I think
    Eslick once
    Westby did real well on it.

So condidering how many fewer of them are out there, they have done amazingly well.