1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSXR 600/750- weaknesses

Discussion in 'General' started by bradd15, Mar 3, 2017.

1. bradd15

bradd15 Well-Known Member

What are the big drawbacks on these ('11-current models) on the track? I know they turn a little slow so people raise them up, but what is another big drawback? All things being equal (rider, rules etc..) can these be competitive? Thanks for the any info.

2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

The 750 is the class leading bike......

TX Joose, Steeltoe and Potts N Pans like this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'd say the 600 might be a little down on top end compared to an R6, although it does have a healthier midrange.

4. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

The front looks like an elephant. Chaotic thinks that is kinda weak. :D

Shenanigans likes this.
  5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

In my experience:

R6 > GSX-R
    GSX-R750 > 600's (close call against R6)
    1000's > GSX-R750

YRMV.

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Midrange midrange and midrange, "tuned right by a good dyno tuner" they spin up the rpms with the best of the pack. On MR12 it's a totally different motor. Good suspension under them setup by a professional and you can put it anywhere you want to on track. Very stable bikes set right.

I like my 600 so far and have only ridden it at one race weekend this year. I raced an A class liter bike the past 3 solid years. Still re-learning the 600.

And I like the 11-17 current 600/750 looks and plus looks don't make or break a race bike imo.

7. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

It's a broadsword. Set up right, crazy stable and super predictable. Does most things very good. Does almost nothing exceptional. The R6 does more things exceptionally and a few things worse.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Except when Tommy Hayden brings a 600 to the party. :)

flyingpig70 and mike574 like this.
  9. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Who are you - Lord Aragon? :D

Yes, very predictable, solid chassis. Easy to go quick on out of the gate. If it's a broadsword, an R6 is a ninja blade (technical term) and a modern 1000 is an anvil.

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

They make your dick bigger and chicks panties fly off.

Dave K stfu.

Metalhead, BJR119 and Banditracer like this.
  11. metricdevilmoto

The whole broadsword thing was supposed to tie into the R6 being a scalpel, Gandalf.

Sitting in an airport waiting to board a flight that's been delayed twice and I've got a pile of work waiting for me back at the shop. My train of thought is at the boarding station.

ekraft84 likes this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Aren't R6 rear shocks hard to get 100% right and the bike will eat tires like a fat kid eats donuts if you miss it?

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Carry on Jon Snow. Safe travels.

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  14. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Usually you can count on 98.4% of the 600 paddock having an R6, so the numbers are pretty well known.

15. metricdevilmoto

Smaller margin of error on the R6. Sone suspension brands are more setup intensive than others which makes that margin even smaller.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, all I know is talking to some people running Ohlins. I went a little too general in my question I guess.

17. metricdevilmoto

Some nerd is going to get all uppity we're mixing LOTR and GOT characters.

ekraft84 likes this.
  18. 600 ish you mean ? :)

19. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

636, to be accurate.

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Just wait till someone throws a Jedi into the mix.

[​IMG]

metricdevilmoto likes this.