1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSX-R 1000 L7 first riding impressions

Discussion in 'General' started by Ra.Ge. Raptor, Feb 6, 2017.

1. If only Yosh wouldn't have made that damn can so big.

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Looks tiny to me, compared to the OEM whale.

3. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

it's all about relativity :D

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

All I hear is "its not the Spaghetti Monster"...

I think you have Suzuki Envy and just won't admit it. If you want one its okay Chris, just buy it.

Go ahead and buy an SV too.

:D

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The size and shape of it has to have some advantage to it otherwise it'd be shaped differently and maybe smaller.

Ugly, large and misshapen like Mongo might have an advantage at times over gorgeous, small and in perfect proportions like me.

6. :D

Like ive said before, I used to have a soft spot for Suzuki's. I have owned 5 of them. But I stopped buying them when all they gave us were BNG's.

I might end up with one of these, I cant decide. I am kinda holding out to see if the rumors are true and Ducati gives us that V4 for 2018, or if Aprilia releases a new RSV4 that is 40lbs lighter and without the injector issue.

7. Dude.

8. That's what she said. :D

9. Ra.Ge. Raptor

come back to the family!
    #teamSUZUKI ftw :D

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sweet.

11. I dunno, in all likelihood, if neither of my previous 2 hopes come true, the most likely scenario is that I end up with an R1. That is what Livengood wants me to get because of his contract with the Westby team (be builds/tunes all of their motors, and is on their Pit Crew), he knows them like the back of his hand. I could benefit from all the testing and trial and error they have done.

I just really love the power delivery of the V4 motor. The Panigale is almost like a V4 because of how oversquare that motor is, it revs up really quick. It builds power twice as fast as the 1x98 bikes. But it still isn't the same as a V4. I think the R1 would be as close as you could get to a V4, without actually being a V4.

That is one of the reasons I love the Triumph 675's so much, the power delivery of that Triple.

12. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Translation = I really want a Suzuki but since I have wailed on them so badly the past few years I will take a massive ration of shit on the BBS...

:crackup:

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

14. Ra.Ge. Raptor

well the original S1000RR is the GSXR Suzuki should have manufactured. we've been waiting since 2011 for Suzukis' answer and all they did was bng year after year.

Gorilla George likes this.
  15. Ra.Ge. Raptor

16. Ra.Ge. Raptor

you have the most desired atm sbk at you hands and what do you decide to do with it? this...:facepalm

17. HotbodiesRacing

HotbodiesRacing Well-Known Member

18. Ra.Ge. Raptor

19. Ra.Ge. Raptor

20. Aww damnit. I LOVED my 750. I have always said the 750 is the perfect bike. It is more powerful than a 600, but easier to ride than a 1000. I've wanted another 750 for years, but had no plans of getting one until Suzuki came out with a new one. BNGs don't inspire me.

Now they are finally going to give us one, but it will have the same motor and chassis, with the same weight and power output. They are just going to add Traction Control and make the bodywork match the new Liter bike.

In other words, Suzuki is going to do with the 750 what Yamaha did with the R6.

While they have no reason to give us an all-new 750, because it isn't raced anywhere, that is very disappointing. I was hoping for the 1k stuff to trickle down and we get an all-new 750 that is smaller, lighter, revs quicker, has better brakes, and makes 15% more HP.