1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSX-R 1000 L7 first riding impressions

Discussion in 'General' started by Ra.Ge. Raptor, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

2. HotbodiesRacing

HotbodiesRacing Well-Known Member

Let's see what CU says!

3. I didn't open the links, but i tend to not pay attention or base any opinions off the typical journalist test riders.

I want to hear what Ulrich or Toye or the other Roadracing World guys have to say about it.

Only exception is the test rides Rutter does for work one of the Euro mags (either Bike, PB, or FB, I can't remember).

I especially like his because he tests every single bike at the same track (Mallory Park IIRC). He can compare bikes to other bikes in the same sections, by lap times, etc. The mag has a listing of like 50-60 different bikes he has tested at that same track. Everything from a Panigale to a Street Triple.

BigBird, G 97 and TLR67 like this.
  4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Sounds like it makes S1000RR horsepower levels, although US models are getting the usual top end neutering that'll likely need a reflashed ECU to uncork.

5. Ra.Ge. Raptor

wc levels tied to tc levels. come on...

6. Yep, Honda did the same WC+TC linking bullshit with the new CBR. :rolleyes:

7. Ra.Ge. Raptor

At least they're making use of the imu, afaik.

8. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Is that an indication of its capabilities?

Attached Files:

9. Chaz Davies has the record on his Panigale with a 1:30.9

So for a bone stock bike (with BT race tires) to run 7-8sec off that pace is pretty damn good.

But FWIW, when the test rider tested the Panigale 1299S in bone stock form (even with OEM tires, not race tires like the Suzuki), it was able to lap within 4sec of Chaz's lap time. :)

But with that being said, the Ducati test rider may simply be a better rider. There is always that variable to consider.

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Waiting on CU.

11. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

It is a junk Suzuki,who cares what lap times it did. Still wont win any races over seas.....:Poke::D

12. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

The exhaust continues to grow? How f*n big does a can need to be?

13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I want to look at the bike but I can't get past that exhaust. Truly hideous.

14. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

There's some minimum requirement for the airbox and the muffler for sound regs, Euro II Compliance? But I read that they have to have a 9 liter airbox and 22 liter muffler as well as meet the noise regulations. Something like that, anyway, can't remember the exact volume. But yes, the mufflers have to keep growing.

mike-guy and Scott S. like this.
  15. Ra.Ge. Raptor

my 1000k6 was euroII compliant. it had a catalyst inside the muffler. we're up to euro IV now.

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

invalid test! No swangarm or shanko on it! :D

cajun636 likes this.
  17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Right, because we all ride bikes with the stock exhaust on them...;)

stk0308, TX Joose, crashman and 2 others like this.
  18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

If Suzuki sells the pit background & makes a set of clear or black paddock stands to go with it... trackdayers will line up & riot for some of that! :D

19. Ra.Ge. Raptor

[​IMG]

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I better never catch your goofy self on a Suzuki. In fact, avert your eyes when in the presence. And kneel. Unclean.

TurboBlew likes this.