1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greanpeace protests Arctic drilling

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by TXFZ1, Sep 18, 2013.

1. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Don't F#@& with da Russkies

Since I'm in the oil business and somewhat biased, can someone tell me why they think finding more oil is bad? Exclude the green energy, ozone, alternative hydrogen fuel, etc as those systems are not able to provide today's energy demands.

David

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dude, it's all like, evil ya know.

3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Thats awesome! Those ecoterrorists need to get kicked in the teeth sometimes. I love how the saving of the environment always involves burning large quantities of fossil fuels too.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, it's real smart to f@ck with the russians. They're friendly, like puppies and long walks on the beach.

5. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Maybe this is why.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I agree that there is no alternative but I find anyone in the industry acting like a victim to be completely laughable.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Cool. Polar Bear bait.

7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Should we stop the manufacturing of motor vehicles since they have probably taken more lives than anything else in the last 50yrs?

Should we post up a crap load of different crash/fatalality photo's showing the evil carnage as a result of it's existence?

Really? I don't get anyone who is anti-advancement and their cause.

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Satire that writes itself.

I do hope that the Arctic Sunrise is completely powered by windmills and solar panels; anything less would be so hypocritical.
    And of course, no electronic devices manufactured by underpaid laborers in non-environmentally sensitive countries would be appropriate to use on such a vessel.
    And their clothing. I expect that they've rejected any items that involve oil in any aspect of the manufacturing process.

9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

If there were almost no effort by the auto companies to improve safety for the users of cars and those affected by cars......... then most definitely yes.

10. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I'm not in the oil business, but let's think about this logically. Do you really believe that the oil industry has made no efforts to improve safety? Do you really think BP would really want to risk a destroyed reputation, bajillions in fines, and destroyed investments? They have every incentive to prevent disaster.

You're talking about the most widely traded commodity on planet Earth with hundreds of billions invested in infrastructure across thousands of locations, in that sprawling an industry accidents are inevitable. How many personnel and companies are involved?

Saying they don't care about safety is crazy, they have more to lose than you do.

Isn't Gazprom a state owned enterprise? Fucking with the Russian government isn't a good idea, fucking with their money is an ever worse idea. Their government and major corporations are made up of gangsters. They kill people they don't like with radioactive tea, and brazenly kill journalists who write unfortunate things. They're evil people. These poor fools don't know what they're getting into.

I really hope these Greenpeace fools keep irritating them. They'll all be eating radioactive cornflakes themselves if they keep it up. The Russians will blow that ship sky high with everyone on board if they feel like it.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They call him flipper, flipper, flipper. no one you see, is deader than he . . .

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

What happened to "faster than lightning"?

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The only way he's going to go that fast again in water is if someone fires him out of a torpedo tube.

14. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Cause we are a cancer on this planet and we destroy everything we touch.

We are literally a race of vampires, and are bleeding this beautiful planet dry for nothing more than greed and convenience.

15. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

^^^Exactly^^^

16. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

You are asking for an explanation of the logic of crazy loons :confused:

17. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Flex and Speedy,

Yes the spill was bad but show me the damage today from the spill. Showing the same dead bird over and over tells me you believe the media hype. The earth is resiliant and recovered quickly. The oilfield has taken measures to help minimize another spill from happening again.

So what have you given up... car, racing, plastics, electricity since Macondo to reduce the demand for oil?

David

18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:up:

19. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I never aligned myself with these people. You asked why THEY find oil exploration bad. I answered.

I do agree that humans are a parasite on this planet and absolutely do not deserve to be here but that is a subject for another thread.

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

So you have sold off all those evil gas burning, oil filled race bikes right?