1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grattan Yesterday...

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I loved Grattan, especially because my bike was so wide, some old dude on a GS450 couldn't get around me.... :Poke:

Rich Graver and renegade17 like this.
  2. sdg

sdg *

B/c pretty sure hyperdyne is from IN.

3. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

The company i was talking abut was my friend's fathers real estate company. None of the DeVos family is a part of that company. Sorry for the confusion.

4. Knolly

Knolly Well-Known Member

Glad I saw this, I was at Grattan doing an auto track day and all of that sealer on the turns was wild. I couldn't believe how much I was sliding and everyone's tires were screeching every lap. It made an eventful auto track day but I was wondering how motos would handle out there.

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Yup, I really never got the hang of the track, but it was always in good shape. And never saw a big turnout even with CCS

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ahhh, same folks that financed GLRRA.

7. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

It wasn’t by choice, just ran out of time before 3rd call.

8. sdg

sdg *

Nice

9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Ah, nope. Eric worked for and was helped by Jade Pig Ventures a real estate/product management company. And I don't think they were connected to the DeVos family as far as I remember.

ekraft84 and 969 like this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Whoever it was had Amway money behind them and that's how he was able to run at a loss for so long.

11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Sean, I visited Eric a few times at the Jade Pig race warehouse and his boss has big bucks. I did see that Jade Pig is in partnership with a DeVos (one of the many) doing gigantic real estate developments around GR but I'm sure Amway didn't support GLRRA. It was probably a tax right off for Jade Pig

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

13. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

The surface seemed to be in the same shape as last year, maybe a little bumpier in T1, but nothing out of the ordinary. But then I was in a car so lines are different and its hard to compare the bumps - visually it didn't look deteriorated.

14. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

In 2016, the family was listed by Forbes as the 88th-richest in America, with an estimated net worth of $5.4 billion.

What's a measly 7 million? .0013 of total net worth.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020