1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grattan Yesterday...

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Jun 8, 2020.

1. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

The money to finish the neck tattoos has to come from somewhere!

galloway840 and cav115 like this.
  2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

The joke around town is that the local family of a certain Presidential cabinet member sometimes rents the place out to play, hence the exceptional price. And they ain’t bitin’!

And yes, Gingerbreadman raceway is boring; it feels like it’s always trying to trip you up, there’s no flow. Nearby South Haven is a nice beech town.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Totally agree, been that route many times although nothing recently and it sucks ass. I really loved hitting the Skyway and having to pay money to drive on roads that make a worn out gravel one seem smooth.

4. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

That is not a rumor. I have been to/driven the track when that family has rented it. Shop I'm affiliated with knows them well via the owners father (owner of a large real estate company starts with a P ends with a P)

They have a strict "no cameras or pictures allowed" policy.

They have some sweet shit! I've watched cars that weren't even available to general public yet get flogged there.

Family's like that have money because they don't waste it on shit that just eats money... like a race track... Maybe if they started having some sort of festival type events there like Gingerman did with GridLIFE, they could afford a repave.. I'm a GridLIFE OG Time Attack competitor and lat year was the first year I didn't go. It has sold out the last 2 years and after 2018 i said "im done with this shit" Nothing is more annoying than trying to get a hot ass race car back to your pit while also trying to navigate through a bunch of YouTUBE idiots on longboards.. Then when you rev at them because you dont have a horn they just flip you the bird, or they love the revving and try to get you to do it some more....

But none the less... Everyone involved with that series makes BANK. besides the competitors... :/

Sorry for the rant lol..

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay who the hell are you fools talking about?

6. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

They can't let the surface languish too long. The big 3 all rent it a whole lot during the week so they can't afford to lose customers like that. Of course that's probably why it so frequently is in need of a repave.

galloway840 likes this.
  7. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Agreed! Grattan is DEFINITELY more challenging than normal right now. LOL :)

ekraft84 likes this.
  8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

After looking at road paving projects around here in Cheboygan county a 2 mile repave would be around 300-350k?

9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

That worked for Summit and they didn't do shit to the asphalt for 20 years except pour antifreeze on it for government training rentals. So since they have 4 wheels the big three probably don't care too much.
    Plus GM has Milford proving grounds, Ford has the Romeo test track, and Dodge has Chelsea proving grounds. And they are all close by

10. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

My dad asked if I wanted to do a track day there later this summer .. and my first thought was, "I don't want to spend any mental capacity evaluating traction on sealer throughout the day when I want to spend it on going fast." Call me old and washed up, but I'd rather go to Road Atlanta or someplace with consistent grip, and have a way more fun time going fast. I spent enough years doing that at Mid-O and Grattan. :D

j cal, cav115 and skidooboy like this.
  11. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I'd say the Prince family. But I can't find the company mentioned above that starts and ends with a "P". Current Secretary of Education is a Prince, but last name is DeVos through marriage. Owned Prince corporation at one time, which was an automotive supplier (sunroofs/headliners) Sold out to Johnson Controls a number of years ago.

12. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

You old washed up racer you. LOL. Probably all grumpy to because the kids are annoying you. :)

13. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

the DeVos family Sean. owners of Amway, Fox motor group etc... Ski

14. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pledge pin?
    [​IMG]

15. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

True, but they still like to use the local race tracks. I'll be there for work in a couple weeks. We'll see if anyone complains.

16. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Listen up Eddie. You are old. You are washed up. When your dad asks you to go ride motorcycles at the track, you just say "YES". Stop being a whiny little BEEEEYOTCH! Doesn't matter what track, what the weather is. Just ride and forget about how slow you are and think about how fast you used to be. You're spending the day with your dad....at the track....how bad can it be??????

17. sdg

sdg *

I saw a nutbag do this at Nelson ledges when it was pouring cats and dogs. And passing everybody. Pretty sure he was from mid PA tho.

18. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

He`s right, you know.

But I agree with Eddie`s view.

19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

What does him being from Pennsylvania have to do with anything?

20. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Sorry, what I meant was that the asking price was rather exorbitant given the facility. The rumor around the local four-wheel racists camp is that, because that family spends a fair amount of time up there, they'd be the ones to buy it, at a higher price, of course.

But you're indeed right, you don't get fuck you money by spending it on things with little return.