1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to War

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by chaplain, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Well I guess there'sa no need for me to dicuss this any further because there is no life after death.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And the quote of me saying that is where? And since when did I become a crippled old dude?!?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ummm, went to bed, not dropped. I can continue to prove to the world what an ass you are if you like - although I don't really see that you need my help.

Just for fun oh super duper Christian man - find me in the bible where it says you whould insult people. C'mon, just one reference to Jesus calling someone a fuckstick.

You want I can play all day :)

4. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

Tracee, I'm often on your side but tht's just plain LAME

5. SpongeBob WeaselPants

Chalk up a BIG one for Mongo [​IMG]

6. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Why is that Lame, Eric?

7. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Short. Sweet. Decisive. Mongo 2, That other guy 0 (Bonus point awarded for the line about Jesus calling someone a f*ckstick).

8. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Don't forget that some things that were taught by the Church were proven WRONG as well. Remember the whole "the Earth is the Center of the Universe" thing? The Church taught that since God created us, everything must revolve around us. When folks started to point out that was true, they were labelled as heretics and probably killed or ex-communicated.

9. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

I think that an offensive attack by the US is warranted in this case. The United States and the World have given Saddam since the Gulf War to completely disarm. A tyrant like him does not need weapons of mass destruction. He supports terrorism and actions against the United States. He states he does not have chemical agents, however is now handing out chemical war heads to his field commanders and telling them to use at their discretion. I thought he didnt have them. If he is not taken out now, the world in general will be worse off in the future I feel. As a former soldier the troops have my support 100% as does the President and his advisors. They know what they are doing, and remember, they cannot desiminate all of the intelligence that they have. Iraq used to be a middle class, highly educated society until Saddam came to power. He now rules as a dictator and a tyrant, executing those who do not agree with him, raping women, and using and testing chemical agents on his own people and that is fact. His sons are apparently worse than he is. If you look at somthing else, the reason China, Russia and France are not siding with us is because Iraq provides them with oil and jobs to their people. They will lose money. I cannot belive France will not support us after we have liberated them twice in history. I am sure their are WERA, NESBA, CCS, AMA and others out there who have been called to duty. Support them and all the soldiers 100% and pray for them. Trust your government like you trust your tires when racing eh. God bless and come home safe.

Sean

10. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

pm... whatever Tracee...what is wrong with you lately?

11. mad brad

mad brad Guest

'
    well butt pirate, i already told you that tolerance of idiots and morons was jesus' racket. if i'm such an ass to you, why the hell did you come up and talk nice to me at daytona? next time just keep walking on. at least i'm not two-faced like you. ;)

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I talked nice because I am nice (at least I try to be), and I haven't been mean to you here yet.

If I weren't nice - or at least tolerant - you wouldn't be posting here.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - at times you have very good, valid points. However your insistence on insulting people keeps most everyone form readig anything you post. So why not try talking to people rather than insulting them and their ideas? Maybe people will actually listen to you and gain somehting form your input. Look at Tracee's posts - once he got away form the horseshit statement there was actually a very interesting discourse on different views of religion.

As for the tolerance thing, last I checked part of being a Christian (and please note you called yourself that, not me) was emulating Jesus. Leastways that's what I read the book to say. I really was curious in the beginning of all this how you can justify calling yourself a Christian with the way you act towards others.

13. SpongeBob WeaselPants

cuz it just struck me that way:D
    I can't see how science can prove or disprove it

14. mad brad

mad brad Guest

well, i'm sooooo lucky you won't be running tech at the pearly gates. actually, a christian believes that jesus was the son of god and died for their sins. but YOU say that if one emulates jesus more than the next guy, they'll have a better seat in heaven. ;)

oh, and EVERYONE here reads what i post. that's why half of them hate me, and the other half love me. of course, you can put me on ignore like rsdud. i mean that IS why he won't answer my original question. {even though others have asked him too}

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If I said that then please post a quote of it because I sure can't find it, the whole thing about doing more to get preferential treatment is why the Catholic Church and I have issues.

I guess my real question the more I think about it is this - if you don't hold with the values that Jesus taught (which is fine, that's your call), why claim to be a Christian (i.e. follower of Christ)?

What I will say is this - in my opinion if you profess to be a Christian then you should at least make some effort to emulate Jesus. To do otherwise is at the least blasphemous and definitely hypocritical. If you odn't choose to emulate him and live life as HE spells out you should in the bible what's the point of being a Christian? It's like all the Catholics that believe they can do whatever they want and as long as they accept god on their deathbed they're cool for all sins - doesn't make a dang bit of sense. It's like saying God is an idiot and I can fool him into ignoring they way I acted for my whole life.

16. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i've already told you. you don't see me calling you a liar about your faith. my earlier point was, i am a christian, but i can't stand to see others rattling on about being one, and "praying" for those who aren't. you can do it your way, and i'll do it another. it is the ONE thing i refuse to argue with people about. you can worship tic tacs for all i care.

17. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

How about that Spanish Inquisition for example? Nothing like torturing non-believers. Ya' gotta love organized religion.:p

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wasn't arguing with you about your faith at all, just curious how you justify calling yourself a Christian (which as I've said I had always understood to be a follower of Christ) with your actions here. Nothing more than that. As for calling me a liar about my faith - kind of hard to do when I've never once said what it is or isn't...

Oh yeah, RSDad did answer your question somewhere in the midst of all the other ranting and raving, sorry can't remember which thread.

19. mad brad

mad brad Guest

yeah? well i found your quote on the "excuse me but" thread in the general colum. ;)

20. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

"oh, and EVERYONE here reads what i post."

This is probably a private "thing", but as long as you choose to included me in it ("EVERYONE"), Brad, you are wrong.

I have, for some time, just scrolled past what ever you post. Just like Mongo says; for the precise reason he gave. You have turned being an ass into "cute", as something of a "persona". After a while, though, the cute wears off. It's not worth the BS to sift through to find the "worthwhile".

It is only now as we approached this war that I started scanning thru your posts again.

How you write is your business. But, no, everyone does NOT read what you post.