1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to Hell....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Britt, Oct 3, 2014.

1. ...and killed more people than every disease in the history of mankind, combined. :)

I agree with that.

People should try to do the right thing simply because it is the right thing to do. But if it takes believing in a fairy tale to motivate people to do good, then so be it.

But more times than not, those fairy tales lead to wars, murders, beheadings, hangings, bombings, etc.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

DJ Kermit

3. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I have given serious thought to being a for profit preacher. I know the bible very well and have a real knack for winning people over with charm (in person). I could pretty much sell ice to an Eskimo.

A fool and his money are soon parted

But I quickly realize I couldn't live with myself and it would feel like blood money. I've never fucked anyone who didn't have it coming.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  4. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

If you could rake it in on a scale approaching Joel's level, I'm pretty damned sure you'd be able to live with yourself. Do it! When the congregation finds out about the human coffee tables you can call it "God's will".

5. :crackup:

6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

fixerated

7. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

My biological father goes to one of those mega churches. I went once cause we were out together and he didn't want to be late so I said id sit in the courtyard during service.

Anyway while I was walking through the massive parking lot of low to mid range vehicles and spotted the pastors parking space. Fucking BRAND NEW S class mercedes. Pissed me off to no end.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I once sold a new Navigator to the pastor of a St Louis megachurch. Guy was a total douche. Dropped full MSRP on a loaded Navigator without batting an eye. Of course, the church paid for it. He also showed me picture of his garage: two Corvettes, two custom choppers, jetskis, and a bunch of other high end crap, all paid for by the congregation. He wasn't even shy about it.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's all for Jesus.

10. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

See that's my problem. My ethics would kick in and I'd actually use most of the money to benefit my congregation. Not for god or anyone else but because it would just be the right thing to do.

11. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Nah, he just washes them and mows the grass:D

12. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Hey! I resemble tht remark! :crackup:

[​IMG]

13. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

:crackup:

14. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I'm not convinced that is even remotely true/accurate. Can you name one legitimate government who acted in the name of God/their faith?

I can't.

It's pretty simple, wars are started by loons and politicians and the two may not be completely far apart.

15. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

are you fucking serious? :crackup:

i mean. not to be a dick, but c'mon

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Wars have only been in the name of politics in that last 250 years or so. Prior to that, there were a couple of thousand years where most were fought over religious differences. But even the political ones had religious overtones. The easiest way to boost your soldier's morale and generate public support is to claim that God is on your side.

17. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

Amen brother.....:D

Particularly the bit about claiming that God is on your side......

I remember going to watch the political rallies that popped up at the Duomo when I was living in Milan...put a good Italian orator on the pulpit and watch the crowds mood shift dramatically with a good orator....

The Communists had the most exciting rallies....shit would get sideways quick....
    I was always a bit puzzled as to why these people never really took the time to think for themselves...but hey, I was an outsider....just passin through.....

18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Totally, correct me if if I'm wrong.

It's comes naturally to some more than others, don't sweat it. :D

Like?

I think we're getting lost here, wasn't the claim that RELIGION has killed more people in war than anything else??? Which wars???

19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

The Crusades? (pick one of the many)

Would that ring a bell??

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Is Iran's government "legitimate" in your humble opinion?

Don't suppose the Church of England counts, either.