1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to Hell....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Britt, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

So...How long before Joel Osteen goes the way of Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Bakker, Robert Tilton, Oral Roberts, Pat Robertson, Ernest Angley.....and the rest of the Televangelist who strayed The Path.????

2. ped

ped Banned

jesus forgives...and needs money. he's such a mooch.

3. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

With his books and stuff... does he really need to ramp up his televangelism?

Book deals I think are a much slicker way to funnel money into his ministries...and he doesn't come across like a used car salesman. Win/Win for him.

Need more money... roll out another book.... and talk about a built in tax shelter... :D

4. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I was just talking about Jim Bakker yesterday. When Heritage USA was exposed as a fraud it hit our local economy like 2008 because so many people had invested in those timeshares. Heritage USA sat abandoned for years all the while changing hands with other evangelist-investment owners. It's still kind of that way. I've been watching that situation in disbelief most of my life.

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If your a con man looking for a pigeon. Go out and start a brand new religion.
    Get on tv and make a money request and they can all go to heaven while they are starving to death.

6. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I considered evangelist and white-rapper-with-street-knowledge as career options. How I ended up an engineer I'll never know. :crackup:

7. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

It's probably that moral fiber thing that you're stuck with. You'll just have to live with it. :up:

8. Jed

Jed mellifluous

The dude needs a haircut.

9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Hopefully he is like the Graham family but I suspect the answer is not long.

10. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

He is worth $57M. :eek:

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

My old company handles his production. I smile when people are surprised at the dollar amounts his operation flows. Same for Joyce and Graham. You ain't seen nothin. Joyce is no slouch either but Graham ministries all told with the various programs and assets and charities...?
    I'd put it in the hundred$ of million$ worldwide easily.

12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I know that NONE of them are perfect but Graham has does south american events for free, a university and lots of charity. Most of the others just got a Rolls :crackup:

Imperfect but in what I have seen Billy Graham seemed the real deal and his son a decent person also. Oh and I am not a Baptist and would not attend one of his deals if that is what you are thinking.

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

:stupid:

And when did Pat R. stray from the path (affair?)???

Doing a quick search to see if I missed something showed the old fart is worth $200M......just wow.

14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

More for his stupid comments..."Muslims are INSANE"..."God punishes bad decisions with bad weather"...also some questionable financial dealings.

15. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I respect Rick Warren based on what I've seen of him. Shame about his son though.

16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Don't hate the player... hate the game.

You've got a staggeringly large pool of people who are pre-screened for gullibility ripe for the picking. Best part is, they truly believe that they're supposed to give you 10% of what they make RIGHT OFF THE TOP!!! Says so right there in the rule book!! :wow:

Hell, I wish I had that kinda charisma/gift of gab/telegenics. I'd fleece the flock in a frickin heartbeat.

Sadly, I'm stuck being a washed-up, has-been trader. :D

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Hating the player is perfectly acceptable if the player is amoral.

18. auminer

By your moral structure.

These guys are a cliche they've been at it so long. Anyone still getting fleeced is truly a sheep.

19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I find it so damned amusing how intensely you non believers feel the need to ridicule the faith or believers.

Christians are nutbags when they're trying to share their faith openly or not but you non believing nutbags feel perfectly comfortable within your own skin doing the same damn thing every chance you get....hypocrite any one? :rolleyes:

20. auminer

Exactly. :crackup: