1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Go fund me" racers all over my facebook

Discussion in 'General' started by nigel smith, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No. However I'm sure there are god clauses to cover it if they want to. Conduct/imaging/whatever detrimental to the sport would do it.

2. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

My thinking, as well.
    Interesting...current snapshot from Facebook - news on CU retiring:193 likes, 21 comments, 13 shares. News on HWSNBN sponsorship: 203 likes, 46 comments, 92 shares. I do think the sponsorship post had a few hrs head start and many of the comments are useless fluff.

3. rhouck

rhouck wat?

Yeah but MA races are not held internationally. My point was that, when the tobacco ad bans started trickling in around the world, race teams could still have tobacco branding at certain tracks and not others. That was dictated not by the race org (e.g., FIM) but by the country each individual venue was taking place in (i.e., whatever the FDA equivalent is in Canada, etc.).

I don't know if the FIM rulebook contains a ban on tobacco sponsors, but I'd guess it doesn't bother, since the issue would be the venues themselves not letting those teams race with tobacco livery.

4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I also looked in the rules to see if there was a reference to the FIM rulebook and couldn't find anything.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Most of their rules are a straight copy of FIM rules.

6. caferace

caferace No.

It might be internally governed (for MotoGP) by IRTA. I couldn't find any reference either in the GP rules.

whoops. I think I broke the FIM website. :D

-jim