1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting between Baltimore and Annapolis

Discussion in 'General' started by crashman, Jul 24, 2021.

1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Anyone have any working knowledge about getting around the area? We have a wedding to attend in Annapolis on the Labor Day weekend and I was trying to avoid paying over a hundred bucks a day on a rental car just to try to drive around a town that will be a madhouse. Apparently there is a Navy football game, 2 years of Naval reunions and some sailing regatta going on along with all of the other Labor Day festivities so it will likely be a shit show.

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I don’t understand......are you trying to go back and forth between Annapolis and Baltimore? You’ll need a car for that

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap.

If you're staying or even going into Annapolis find a way to ditch the car. There is no parking and walking most places in town is faster and less stressful then trying to drive.

4. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I'm just north of Annapolis. It shouldn't be too horrible since most of the shit show runs to Ocean Shitty on the Summer holiday weekends around here.

Like Dave just said, if you're going to be in Annapolis, there's probably going to be little or NO parking. If you can, visit Kilwins and grab one of their caramel apples dipped in dark chocolate and sprinkled with sea salt. It's a freakin' $9 apple...but once or twice a year....SO WORTH IT!

Avoid Baltimore at all costs. There's just NOTHING to see there but the body count unless you want to visit Fort McHenry or the B&O rail road museum.

There is the Light Rail to get to Baltimore, but I'll only ride that during football season because it's packed with Ravens fans and there's safety in numbers.

5. britx303

Yeah, if he means “Baltimore” as in BWI, then staying in Annapolis for the duration, I’d catch an Uber or Lyft etc to the place and skip a car altogether depending on where the wedding. But catching an Uber to the wedding from the hotel would be doable too

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

7. britx303

Joec is too scared to leave b-more and come down my neck O’Duh woodz. He hears imaginary dueling banjos soon as he’s outside the bmore beltway:confused::D

8. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Say it ain’t so @joec! Defend yoself, Charm City style. :Putter:

britx303 likes this.
  9. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Nah, my part of Charm City is the shit. Sitting in front of my house in Canton right now smoking a fine cigar, there’s a tasty bourbon cocktail in my left hand, and my Priller sitting proudly on my right side.

Good livin’ in the 21224.

britx303 likes this.
  10. britx303

Otherwise known as Stockholm syndrome :D

YamahaRick likes this.
  11. britx303

Essex wasn’t all bad the few years we were there........there I said it:D

12. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

You’re probably not wrong, haha.

13. StaccatoFan

Can you hear the gunfire in canton?

14. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Nah, it’s pretty chill where I’m at. At my old place right near the DMZ, yes it was damn near a nightly occurrence.

15. StaccatoFan

Well I just read that the city has 600 openings on the police force, so the fun shouldn’t be interrupted for those that are up there playing “9mm Tag You’re It” on the daily.

16. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

And the ones still here just sit in their cars. They run 911 calls and do the bare minimum, but are afraid to do any proactive policing. We have a State’s attorney that would rather throw cops in jail than the criminals.

Me and couple of other hard hitting neighbirs just take care of business on our own. No need to involve police.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Only when the heavy stuff comes out to shoot at helicopters and the cop tanks.

Oh, pretty, tracers into the sky!

18. StaccatoFan

Respect

19. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Thanks, but it’s nothing too crazy. Mostly just running junkies and thieves out of the neighborhood if they get froggy. Usually they just move on to easier pickings. It usually doesn’t come to any physical confrontations, but a couple times a year we gotta do what is necessary to protect our neighborhood.

sdg and StaccatoFan like this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Why do I picture Booger out there with a M1917 with Joe feeding ammo? :D

“We got crackheads in the wire! Throw up flares and we pop the Clare mores. When I open up you have to be Johnny on the spot with the ammo! It’s gonna be a long night!”

noles19 likes this.