1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

George McGovern still ROCKS!!!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Rat, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

My man. He is eloquent, speaks from experience, has strong principles, and is respectful of other people's opinions if you've ever seen him in a debate.

http://thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20030421&s=mcgovern

McGOVERN '04!!!

I'm wearing my Nomex underwear. Let the flaming begin.

2. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

ROTFLMAO! :D :D

RSDad, I got too much work to do today, I'll let Brad take care of you. ;)

3. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

I got lots to do today also. That's why it seemed like a good day to post this. :up:

4. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

I see George skipped his meds again...
    :rolleyes:

5. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

well I liked it, thanx, now it's time to get flamed :wow:

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Take it easy on McGovern, he is another fine example of South Dakota Communism. :p

7. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

more name calling...:down:

8. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

I disagree with most every point, but George wrote an excellent opinion.

9. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

You can't ask for more than that. Nice job with the "open-minded thing".

10. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

I really try, but you know me..... ;)

11. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

12. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Interesting reading. I fear that George longs for things as they were - and overlooks the dangers present today. His mention of the romance of France and the wonders of Alladin are examples. Unfortunately, Iraq isn't that wonderous image that he retains from his childhood memories of fourth grade.

Perhaps his wish - the redemption of an ancient civilization - may now happen as a result of ridding Iraq of the beast of Saddam.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2003
  13. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

I don't know; I think it's an accurate assessment of Mr. McGovern's politics.

14. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

McGOVERN '04!!! :beer:

WOW...I was waiting for the democrates to grow some testicles....

Now just insert John Edwards....and dub-ya will be back mowing grass back at the ranch....

15. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

Frank,

I realize you live within the shadows of the WTC....but how was IRAQ a threat?? Can't hit us from there... Russia is more likely to sell weapons to terrorists.

Go to Northern Ireland or the West Bank to see real terrorism....all we have is a color chart.

why can't all of you just realize the world has always been a DANGEROUS place, even before 9/11.

the news just makes us more aware.

16. Tank Boy

TA- So you'd like to just bend over and wait to get kicked in the ass?

At least this adminstration is trying SOMETHING, not applying a few quick fixes and sweeping the whole mess under wraps for someone else to deal with...

17. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

trying to fix what exactly....the weapons inspectors and IRAQ was cooperating...

I can't fix explain why wolfy doesn't like the guy. nor do I care.

majority of world community still didn't think it was right.

18. Tank Boy

You're wrong.

The "weapons inspectors" weren't there to inspect, they were there to make a half assed attempt to appease the US and the Iraqis only cooperated as little as they possibly could and were outright lying and decieving.

NO ONE liked Saddam. Why do you think the entire Arab world hasn't closed ranks with Iraq against us? Because they know the whole Baath regime was a bad apple and we are doing them a favor by taking it out.

19. Tank Boy

Also, look at the BIG PICTURE. This war isn't about the Iraqis or even Americans that are living today. It is about setting the course of history for the next generation from the bleak, post-EUROPEAN colonialist world, to something new where there isn't a first, second, or third world.

20. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

Damn Frank, you're starting to sound like one of us Lefties :D