1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

George McGovern still ROCKS!!!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Rat, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

I don't think it was a compliment dude...

2. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

McGovern is still the man.

3. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

...the process of UN was Colin Powell's idea....explain how and why the weapon inspectors failed. They did the best they could with crappy intelligence the US gave them. If the UN could find them....this also means we couldn't find them either....so don't go blaming the UN.

I feared the US went on a hunch they would find WMD...and not concrete evidence.

....name a arab country which supports us???

and don't me started on the whole coalition forces crap....its just the US against IRAQ.

4. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

No but since most everyone already thinks I got my head in the clouds (or up my ass) I can dream, can't I?

5. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Tough shit... I put the little :p thingy. :D

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

John Edwards is the democrats' only hope I think. He actually seems to have a fairly open mind and somewhat moderate at that.

7. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Please tell us you aren't talking about why wolfy doesn't like Saddam? :rolleyes: :eek:

8. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

I'm genetically programmed to be a Democrat, and I don’t think we have a chance in '04... not unless things go really, really bad really, really quickly for G-Boy

9. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I was serious though. I think that Edwards has a pretty good head on his shoulders... for a liberal. ;) Still won't vote for him though. :p

10. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

"WOW...I was waiting for the democrates to grow some testicles.... "

For the Democrats, just growing a pair is not the solution. LOL!

They'd first have to figure out what balls ARE.... then they'd have to figure out how one pair could suffice for an entire party.... time share, maybe?

11. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

I don't believe that anyone every anticipated a direct attack from Iraq. Saddam is (was) on the short list of the world's thugs who support terrorism, which makes him and his regime a very real threat.

An estimated 3,200 people have died in the 30 years of conflict in Northern Ireland. According to the Palestinian Health Agency, approximately 2,995 have died as a result of terrorism in the West Bank. 3,044 (including 19 terrorists) died in the 9/11 attacks. In 2001, 90% of worldwide terrorism deaths were a result of the 9/11 attacks. http://usinfo.state.gov/topical/pol/terror/02052106.htm

So I guess I'm missing your point. If you don't think 9/11 was real, I don't know what to say.

You're absolutely right, never said it wasn't. With Saddam and his group gone, it will be less dangerous.

12. flagboy

flagboy Well-Known Member

It's happened before

Don't forget his Daddy was riding high after Gulf War I. Nobody gave the Dems. a chance in '92. But after the extreme right wing Republicans got pi$$ed and started :Poke: at George I, it was pretty well over.

By the way. I never liked Bill C. I always said I would rather elect Hilary 'cause at least she always said what she thought right out there.
    :D

13. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Re: It's happened before

Boy was that a long shot! All the heavy hitters in the Democratic Party played coy and didn't throw their hats in the ring. They end up with a third-stringer for a candidate whose only claim to fame was giving a tediously long speech at the previous convention. George made a tactical error by trying to outflank Pat Buchanan for the right wing vote. He should have gone right up the middle and then he could have siphoned off some Democratic votes. Oh well.
    Too bad Lee Atwater wasn't around to tear Bubba up!

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

WTF is George McGovern doing writing columns? I paid him $4 two weeks ago to paint my basement, and he hasn't even finished the edging.
    Hey Atomic, if you see George down at the Peoples collective tell him he's top five on my sh@tlist.

15. Johnny B

He spent your $4.00 on a round of drinks with Hunter Thompson. He wasn't paying too much attention when the waitress brought them, so he missed the good doctor slipping a tab into his.
    The results are obvious! :Poke:

16. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

That was Reagan wearing a McGovern mask. Nancy has hit rock bottom but doesn't want Ronnie to lose his dignity by actually having to work a day in his life, so she dresses him up as McGovern. Besides, Ronnie loves to tell the "I was a bomber pilot in 'The Big War'" story. :Poke:

17. Johnny B

Which movie was that?

18. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Hey, Ron made an honest living as a radio sports announcer before he went to Hollyweird.

Trivia question: What role did Ron play in his first move?

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Leather Face in Texas chainsaw massacre? Don't have a clue dude.

Next question. What fraternity is Ronnie a member of?

20. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Re: It's happened before

:Puke: :Puke: :Puke: :Puke: :Puke: