1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gawd, I hate this state (CA)

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Hooper, Feb 27, 2018.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Well played.
    You, not so much. Lose the capital on 'Western' otherwise it sounds like your beef is with the telegraph company. :Poke:

G 97 likes this.
  2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hook, line and sinker. As predicted. LOL.

4. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Just think , in 2033, Californians will be getting a tax break once the train is finished.:crackup:

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The reason for the potshots is the people from Cali constantly talking about secession or how much the give but don't take from the rest of the country - all the while of course ignoring things like electricity, water, DoD cash and so on :D

The residents of the state regularly invite the ridicule. Otherwise we'd all pay as much attention to them as we do say Idaho...

sheepofblue likes this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Oh nos, Cali don’t need no Colorado River water. It’s not even 50% of the water usage plus it would be illegal to do so because of agreements and stuff. LOL.

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

If they had to pay real market value for the water a crapload of those farms would disappear.

8. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

And from the first comment on that article:

"Lets be careful about what this actually adds up to: while I love California, that wealth generated is not in the hands of average Californians. California has roughly 125 billionaires (the 0.00001% of the population) - the most of any State - and they *alone* personally hold assets worth $600 billion, which is more than the entire GDP all but 21 Countries. At the *same time*, California also suffers the highest poverty rate in the country - 14.7%, as well as the highest child poverty rate of any State.

Put simply, "5th largest economy" is a great title to hold, but in this case adds up to a handful of rich people having all the money & owning the process of generating it, while life keeps getting harder for the vast majority of the rest. Worse still, unlike most northern European nations with a rich history of social democracy, California remains utterly unwilling to address economic inequality in any meaningful way."

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They sure do pay a lot of lip service to it though.

10. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

They even have export their perverts to the east coast in order to get them to trial....:Poke:

11. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Not me dsapsis the south is a horrible place. Illiterate, cousin marrying and racist. I recommend you stay there. I also think about 50% of Atlanta should move out there and save themselves. I would leave but no one will let me.

12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Crickets.

14. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Between the Hollywood elitists and the Liberal CEO elitist's of all those tech companies in Silicon Valley......WOWSERS, how all those stats defy all the BS lip service they all seem to regurgitate their so called stances on the working class and poor and against GOP agendas.

15. dsapsis

And the comment has a blatent lie in it, as if maximum poverty rates weres not disproportionally scattered across New Mexico to Mississipi, and California is not in the top 10.

Mongo: the secessionists from both sides (State of Jefferson types and Cal-Loons) make up less than 0.1% of the citizenry. If you are seeing too much of that, it would be a signal to look at both ends of the transmission and reception pathway.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  16. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Comparing wealth to GDP automatically made me ignore the comment, however apt it might be otherwise. Compare a like metric to a like metric and don’t make shit up. People on every side do this and it just makes me think they’re either idiots or deliberately disingenuous.

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hence forth so and so in any given vortex of aspect one my receive total consciousness and obtain absolute eternity abject of self realization as I have.

18. dsapsis

There you have it.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I usually only make fun of that .1%... Until people post thinks that the .1% use to show how Cali could survive on it's own... Then I make fun of that too :D

Cute try and calling me stupid for noticing when people say such things though. To me they stand out because they are so ridiculous. I do not seriously think Cali will go anywhere or that the majority wants to go anywhere.

20. dsapsis

You used the term “constantly” which does seem to convey some sort of heft to it.
    The rest I agree with.