1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gawd, I hate this state (CA)

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Hooper, Feb 27, 2018.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Let's get back to records and California, shall we...

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yep. Trump's economy is kickin a$$.

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

America is so awesome that even California can make a go of it. LOL.

4. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Hush - the US doesn't need California at all. This has already been covered numerous times and all those red welfare states will easily make up the difference.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

CA doing well does not mean we need you.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Nice try. Not quite. It’s not that the US doesn’t need Cali at all. It’s that Cali needs the US more than the US needs Cali. But you knew that already.

But but but, Cali sends in more money than they receive back. :crackup:

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yet always in debt no way it could ever stand on it's own...

:D

8. dsapsis

So, to recap: California is rocking the free world, but it's all because of Trump, and isn't that ironic. Or it’s just smoke and mirrors, and the budget surplus isn’t real at all. Despite, or possibly because of that, other states think California feels itself special, so much so that it should go it alone, despite that being supported by only a tiny fraction of people. I had a suspicion the retorts would result in a badinage. Thanks.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're the one that started off posting silliness, of course it got goofy :crackup:

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No Dave, you have a tendency to be the Beeb personification of CA arrogance and condescension. Living there, I doubt you see how elitist you come off to many. Our, no, make that my, impression of CA comes from the few residents I have been exposed to in this forum. The image you present, coupled with disdain you voice for much of the rest of the US does not engender the warm and fuzzy feelings you might think.

bleacht and Funkm05 like this.
  11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Budget surplus. :crackup:
    You’re killing me.

12. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

:moon:

:D

sheepofblue likes this.
  13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

There are exceptions. You may be one of them. Then again...:D

14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Ya, thats always a good one. Because taking money from one pocket and putting it in the other always means you have more money...

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

They have the same accountant as Enron evidently. Book yet to be received income while ignoring long term debt obligations.

We have surplus. LOL.

crashman likes this.
  16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Imma just going to leave this here for reflection.
    [​IMG]

17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Or like you

18. dsapsis

I guess you miss the constant potshots (often either ignorant or purposely simplified —see post 67) levied from our eastern Union counterparts. That’s fine, we both catch the fly balls we choose to shag, but to miss the punching bag here is myopic. And I'm pretty sure you have rendered your judgement about California from a lot more than a couple modest internet-based encounters.

What’s most interesting about your comment to me though, is you view my style of response as the epitome of disdain because it is smart-ass and full of satire. Yet you too, almost reflexively no less, defend your political views and regional culture, which as evidenced here by the Trump brigade are either limited to crude ad hominem, or simplistic right-wing talking points (see post 76). So, my highbrow style --designed to rib them into thinking they might just not have it all sorted, rubs you wrong, but the other side's multi-faceted disrespect and personal attacks (see an average D'ern post) gets a pass.

So here we are, unfortunately: repartee devolved into a place where no one listens and it’s just an argument game in pursuit of humor and humiliation. And there are already in one short afternoon a litany of examples to evidence my point. Dishing but not taking, American style. Maybe pluralism really is dead. Or maybe you just didn't like having to go to the dictionary.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You're an idiot. :D

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

It’s not like one specific Western Union counterpart hasn’t deserved the ridicule.

You dropped an infield pop up.