1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garage Time Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by cpettit, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Remember, with flux core you pull but with gas shielding you push.

Yes

2. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

@Chris

That light reminds me of a neighbor to our shop.

The fella made a mailbox/post out of a semi truck crankshaft....its pretty cool

Chris likes this.
  3. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

I have several camshafts out of Detroit Diesel tractor trailer engines. They are massive and probably weigh 150 pounds. Looking forward to using them, just not delivering them.

4. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

A cool build would be taking some old , large transmission gears and making a large wall clock with a movement out of another clock.

Chris likes this.
  5. Phl218

Phl218 .

Got the RAudi doneā€¦ lighter flywheel added, external trans cooler
    upload_2022-1-9_18-5-24.jpeg

purrs like a kitten

Now the $1k exploder is getting some love, fresh oil, pan gasket and valve cover seals
    upload_2022-1-9_18-6-7.jpeg

Got a helper
    upload_2022-1-9_18-5-55.jpeg

TurboBlew, Montoya, youngR and 5 others like this.
  6. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Sorry, I didn't see this until now. In my experience, people running flux core mig are typically running entry level (read cheap) mig welders. Those typically run into issues with lack of adjustability and voltage. At least that was definitely the case with my first welder I was running flux core with. That was what I was referring to with my lack of penetration comment. You can absolutely get great pen with flux core if your machine is setup to run it properly. Just wanted to clear that up.

lopitt85 and code3ryder like this.
  7. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

So I sold the 67 Plymouth before it was finished as I lost the drive for that particular car build. New owner swapped out some stuff and is now driving it.

I picked up this Chevy K30 crewcab last month. Planning on a duramax diesel, 4 inch ORD lift, clean up some of the bodywork and do a patina paint job with maybe a flat bed. Probably swap out the core support and grill for a early 80's look.

And i picked up a 96 Chevy Z71 for my 16yr old son. I figure he's got about 6 more months before he gets his permit so lets get a truck he can work on in the meantime.

Attached Files:

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Sand blasting...sand blasting ....and more sand blasting....

Wingnut likes this.
  9. Wingnut

That K30 is remarkably dry. Other than a bit on the wheel splash guards, no where else. It was owned since new at a national park here in Arizona. I had a single cab K30 for the past 4 years and just sold that off a few months back. The big 1 ton 4x4 crew cabs are real difficult to find.

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That was more about what I was doing in the garage all day today. I've got another 90 pieces of shutter hardware to go to get them ready for new powder coat.

Wingnut likes this.
  11. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Who put the chainguard on?
    :blart:

12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Yep I caught that the next day:D

13. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

IMG_20220227_103444579.jpg

A stripped bolt in the chain guard led to replating all of the fasteners at the nack

14. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Machined an emblem out of delrin to test run the CNC program. Needed a tweak in a few spots after making the sample. Final version is 6061 alum, holding the top in the vise to machine the backside was tricky since the sides are sloped. Ended up using Mitee bite clamps

65l.jpg 65l-b.jpg

Mike Lafayette likes this.
  15. Mike Lafayette

Mike Lafayette Well-Known Member

The square bodies are my favorite. I have wanted to get one for a long time but already have a daily driver truck, maybe some day. If you don't mind me asking what are your plans with such a large truck?

16. Wingnut

I just sold my single cab K30 which had the 4spd/ and the amazing 175hp 350 engine. Had a stupid offer on it so I let it go.
    Found the crewcab like 2 months ago. Plan is for it to be a work truck, comfortable tow rig with some decent off road capabilities. So I'll do a duramax swap. A 4-6 inch lift from Off Road Designs, 18 inch rims with 37 in tires. Keep a stock looking interior but the Deluxe version. Install a Vintage air system.

Attached Files:

Mike Lafayette likes this.
  17. Mike Lafayette

Mike Lafayette Well-Known Member

Very nice!

18. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Since i was laid off for almost 2 months, been doing some shit to the RZR.

- 2 " forward/high clearance a-arms (lets me go to 35's without rubbing)
    - high clearance trailing arms
    - installed 2 GSXR horns - my gawd it's loud
    - mounted a Samsung A7 tablet for navigation
    - interior light
    - rear view camera
    - trinity racing stage 5 exhaust

For all you old fukkers as you hang up your leathers, these things are about the most fun you can have with family and friends on a wknd.

rzr garage 2.jpg rzr garage 3.jpg rzr garage 4.jpg rzr garage 5.jpg rzr garage 6.jpg

code3ryder and Mike Lafayette like this.
  19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Not motorsports related, but I had the day off work and got to work out in my shop all day. Made this wood brand for a buddy of mine. He wanted his initials (GW), something 1.5" round and something to do with baseball. This is what I came up with.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Nicely done, sir!