1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garage clean out sale SV650, Ninja 250 & 300, GSXR750, FZR400

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by vance, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Every time you bump this thread, I think about how much I miss my 05 GSXR. Then I think about how good that price is. Then I lookup Naples, FL on Google Maps and I remember that it would be a 2-day, 2,300-mile road trip that would cost me ~$200 in gas.

Is Barber in November for the GNF?

2. vance

vance *

Yes, the GNF in November. I'll reduce it by $200 to pay for your gas. :beer:
    I was reading about the 05 when I traded it for my Busa. It's the lightest 750 ever made, great platform to start with but I'm selling everything except an EX500 that I love, just bought an RS125 and I don't need a big bike anymore.

3. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I'm interested in a potential trade for the 300, but preferably in it's unfixed state. I'm in Ohio and not too keen on driving all the way to Naples but could meet somewhere if you will be further north anytime soon.

PM incoming

4. vance

vance *

EDIT: PM sent, I'll be in Atlanta FRIDAY morning, short notice I know.

5. vance

vance *

bump:

2014 Ninja 300: New oil, plugs, head gasket, valves adjusted. Fuel injectors were the hard start issue. Running fine now after I flogged the crap out of it. $2500 OBO

2004 GSXR 750 $3500 OBO

1989 FZR400 $2200. Well sorted, fox shock, race tech 0.90 fork springs, stock motor with K&N filter, YZF/R6 bodywork with a pretty good paint job, decent box of spares. Price is firm, not even sure I want to sell it.

Attached Files:

6. malott442

malott442 Well-Known Member

I've seen the FZR in person, runs great!!!! Man, wish I had the extra money laying around. There's a few people joining that class next year, it might actually be really fun.

7. vance

vance *

Yeah, my Ex500 goes to the dyno today. Really hoping this lengthy projects finally comes together. I've got so much EX stuff and do enjoy riding them, don't see myself taking the FZR to the track once I get the EX sorted. With the ninja going to a 400, the resurgence of the FZR and the ability to take a $500EX, slap some go fast parts on it for cheap (until you go to Daytona), the class has potential in my opinion.

8. vance

vance *

Sorry for the double post

9. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Really,an EX over a FZR for racing? I never gelled as well with either of my EX's compared to the FZR's i guess. Really fun bikes nonetheless:beer: GLWS on the FZR!!! Looks AWESOME with that bodywork!!

vance likes this.
  10. vance

vance *

Well, being a construction worker, I love the saying, "proper tools for the job". My local track, Homestead, is 4 point and shoot straights. I do better on the twin. I've put some serious effort into building an EX to the limit of the class to see if it will run with Mark's FZR this weekend at Daytona. It very well may not be the best tool for that job :D
    I've got 8 bikes in the garage, I suppose it won't hurt to keep the FZR but it will mean flat slides, custom airbox etc. to make it a proper tool for Daytona and I'm truly exhausted over this EX project. It's put a damper on my enthusiasm for "building" a bike, let alone building one for one specific weekend.

britx303 likes this.
  11. britx303

Have fun! Mark holds the crown at daytona for us FZR guys..........:D

vance likes this.
  12. vance

vance *

Mark was the inspiration for the EX projects. Yes, projects. Nobody in their right mind would do what I've done to an EX, and I built TWO :D
    My buddy Miguel will be on the second identical EX. It should be a fun weekend and either way, it's been cool to resurrect old bikes. :beer:

britx303 likes this.
  13. britx303

Ahhhh I see,you race at miami. We thought about bringing the 400 down for the december round to break up the long winter haul.

14. vance

vance *

Come on down! As long as the EX motors don't pop at Daytona, we will have two EX's and all of the local 300's and R3's. If mine does pop, I'll be on the 400 to finish up the season.

15. I'm still saving up for my 1st track bike so just jumping on this thread to see if the 300 will be available in Dec

16. vance

vance *

I can bring it to the Homestead round on 12/2 if you want to see it.

17. britx303

Wait......if you are going to race against Mark.....why arent you going to use the 400 at Daytona? Just a thought

18. vance

vance *

The 400 was plan B if I couldn't get the EX ready. I've seen Mark's up close. He's got a cool airbox and I would assume flat slides. Mine is bone stock and I'm fresh into learning how to build and tune bikes. I knew I wouldn't have time to get the 400 ready. This weekend is the EX's test. If we fail, maybe next year with the 400 if it's still around. We shall see on Sunday :beer:

19. britx303

No, Marks is bone stock airbox and carbs.

20. vance

vance *

Hmm. I could have sworn when I saw it last March at Daytona he had sort of a ram air box on it. Who knows whose bike I was looking at :D