1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FZR400 Racebike For Sale

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by shift96, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

darn, while i was on vacation. ...

2. shift96

shift96 Well-Known Member

The new owner is not happy because his insurance company won't give him full coverage on it:confused:

3. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Ugh, then change insurance companies....At a bike that cheap I would go liability only.

Who is his insurance by? And did he say its a race bike lol

He probably wont get back what he paid for the bike if he totalled it anyway....there book value probably isnt much. Nada states Fair is $325 and good is $700

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  4. shift96

Yeah not sure why anyone on their right mind would want full coverage on an $850 25 yr old motorcycle. He wants to put it on the street.

5. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

he shoulda bought a street bike duh.:crackhead:

6. shift96

It has a reconstructed title. I told him as we both were in my garage that if he felt uncomfortable in ANY way than don't feel pressure to buy it at all. I would understand. He bought it anyway. I have a clear conscience on this one:up:

7. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

I know this guy who is 100% convinced that his Repsol 1000RR makes more HP than a normal CBR1000, believes it has all sorts of special parts on it, needs octane booster to run correctly etc etc. One day bragging about it he told me that he made sure his insurance company knew how special it was so they increased his coverage to cover all the special parts.

Maybe not a bad idea to point out the increased value of the plastics if the VIN doesnt allude to it but he cracks me up.

8. shift96

I'm not used to this kind of jackassery selling 400's because I have always sold to our small 400 family and nobody ever cares too much for a title and they go right to the track.

He also say's my ad stated it has a V&H stainless steel exhaust. I said I never said that. He says "It said V&H SS system":confused:

9. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

supersport lmao

10. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

I thought it was a D&D Titanium one off?:D

11. shift96

So this is the email I get from this clown today:

Hi Scott,

This is Keith, I have the FZR400

I just got some bad news from the DMV here in NY.

The salvage title is no good in NY and i would have to pay $250 for an inspection before i can get a title. I could deal with that part of it but the title you have for it is no good to me as it is. PA titles need to be notorized to be valid so Mike Carroll would have to be located and i belive that you said that he is not the one you bought it from. Even if we could find him i still need to have a notarized bill of sale from you.

Basicly the motorcycle will not work for what i wanted it for. I just want my $850 back. I can meet you somewhere to give you the bike back.

I tried to give you a call but your number was unavailible.

Please call me at or email me back.

Thanks,

Keith

12. shift96

I even gave him the rear stand and a ramp. WTF is wrong with people.

13. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

That is some crazy shit right there. You gave him what I thought was a killer deal and he still finds something to bitch about.

I sold my FZR to a Canadian 6 months ago without a title. He said if he had any problems getting it across the border he would just take it apart at a friends in NY and pick up the pieces a few days at a time.

Now that's a guy that wanted an FZR400:D

(Oh, and tell him I'll give him $500 for it)

14. shift96

Unbelievable. I disclosed EVERYTHING. I told him, as we both were in my driveway, if there was ANYTHING he was not comfortable with and did not want the bike that it was not a problem I understand. I even thru in extra frame rails, a new windscreen, a loading ramp and.....as he's ready to leave he ask's me if he can have the rear stand! so I gave him that as well:eek:

Then he sends me emails like this and more saying I'm not a gentlemen and I'm basically being a dick and I'm not doing the honest thing by not taking the bike back and refunding him. I hate people like this. wtf man

15. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

You went above and beyond what most sellers would do. Tell him to pound sand & read the posts you put on the BBS to document your end. Then tell him I'll give $500 for the lot!

16. erichsoncycles

erichsoncycles Well-Known Member

TELL him I'll take it .. I'll buy it from him since I missed it!!

I missed this anyways .. have the guy call me you still have my #??
    where in NY is he?

17. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

How old is this guy? The bike has been out of your control for close to a month. It would be hard to give someone their money back ,especially since you have been straight up with this guy. Point him to the wera classifieds and tell him to list the bike. Sold my 89 fzr400 a couple of months ago clean title ,but I still gave him a bill of sale that said parts bike no guarantee . Hopefully he wont be calling me asking for his money back.lol

18. shift96

I don't have your number.

19. shift96

YEah he's obsurd with this. I told him about 3 times to post it here and on the FZR archives but he seems to not hear that

20. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

Scott sent you a PM with some contact info hope it helps. Lance