1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fun car, 10 grand-ish?

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, May 10, 2012.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Oh, you're a funny mofo R6:p

Actually, her crash started this whole thing rolling. About a month ago I suggested to my wife that I wanted to sell my truck and get something fun and an old pickup. She said, well that's just a pretty stupid idea...you have a nice truck, drive it.

Fast forward to post-crash. My daughter is driving my wife's Pilot, I'm on the bike and my wife is driving the Titan. After about 5 days of the Titan she says, why don't you sell this thing and get something that's easier to drive around town.

Doh! Like she's a friggin genius all the sudden.

3. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

I'll buy that jeep for my son when he is 15. Even if I have to put new springs on the left side. :D

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Nice pun.
    :D

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:crackup:

6. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

That would be my pick!

Plenty of oomph, very reliable, lots of leg/cargo room, removable roof, good looks. Pretty much a no brainer compare to the other shyt priced around $10k.

7. Italiantwin04

Italiantwin04 Well-Known Member

How about an Infiniti G35? Fun to drive, nice interior, dead nuts reliable, and most of the go fast parts for the 350z bolt right on since it is pretty much the same car. Also, it has a back seat to keep insurance costs down.

8. racerx13

racerx13 Well-Known Member

corvette c5...

9. ton

ton Arf!

if you work in Kzoo, i know that car. my buddy drives the white E36 M3 in the same industrial park.

the M Roadster thing is weird/cool.

10. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

S2000, I have an 02 that has 170k miles which I bought with 25k. I've had 2 non scheduled maintenance issues with it. 1 coil pack went bad, but it took awhile to figure out what the problem was. The clutch master cylinder went at 95k.

The only other thing was a rear wheel bearing that went bad, but there was a service letter that had revised the torque on the hub to prevent the issue. It had not been done, so I really shouldn't fault the car for that one.

It's almost to the point of needing a new top and a clutch but it's still going strong.

11. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

260 HP factory rated... You can also get a kit from GM that gives the car 60 more HP and torque at the flywheel for around 600 bucks. Still carries the warranty.

The turbo Cobalt SS's has the same engine in it. The SS held the FWD lap record at the Nurburgring for a while. Launch control and no lift shift are pretty cool features.

12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Why is this thread feeling like deja vu? :)

I'd have to lean towards a Mini Cooper or S2000, I've heard those two cars are a LOT of fun to drive.

However, that C5 you located seems to be a killer deal, even though it has 97K miles I can't imagine that being a problem for that particular motor.

The only M3 that was absolutely jaw dropper, for me, was the E46, if you can find one of those for under $15K, it's a no brainer, if you lean towards a Euro.

Funny how more people had positive things to say about the Caddy V wagon a few yrs later compared to when it first came out. IMHO, you gotta give GM (and the other manufacturers) some credit folks, they've been churning out some really nice cars, finally! I googled the Hennessy 700HP wagon, holy damn does that thing sound incredible from inside the car all the way up to its 189MPH top end!!!

Lastly, if you REALLY want something different, I'd do a couple searches looking for one of those '93-95 RX7's with a LT1 or LS1 motor shoehorned in.......Ive read they are awesome to drive and the performance is stupid.

13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

You might source the pieces needed to put that together... but finding a complete, well done FD conversion for $10k is like buying a new Panigale for $5k. And not to be a snob but...an LT1? :Poke:

14. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

AFAIC, the LT1 is far better than the ticking time bomb Mazda put in it. :p

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Ill agree with you on that! :beer: triple rotors with crazy tuning can shoot 6' long flames out the back on decel. Rotards dont like when you call them "grenades" :crackup: