1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From the road...

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Jun 1, 2016.

1. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

You got it.

I buy everything I can at Aldi. They’re the cheapest, fastest checkers, nicest employees, easiest to get in and out of, best produce, etc. We’re fortunate this shithole town has them.

2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Never heard of Aldi.

3. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Locations.
    923A5F42-EE46-4BFA-9964-1864E537B8D6.png

auminer likes this.
  4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I DO know the Aldi shopping protocol: Go to Kroger. They don't require an obsolete metal object to acquire a cart, and they have fuel points.

5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

But, they require some preferred customer bullshit to buy something at the price it should’ve been in the first place. Further, they’re considerably more expensive than Aldi, here.

6. auminer

Damn, that is a cool-ass map, though.

I geek out over GIS type stuff. I conceived, built & maintain this google earth KMZ map of all our recurring service contracts, sortable by day and color coded by service tech. I've tried to get the other franchises to use this since it's FAR MORE useful than the in-house mapping program, but they still don't comprehend that someone has moved their cheese.

[​IMG]

Yzasserina and ducnut like this.
  7. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I feel for anybody living and dealing with that area. Better person than I.

I like the quick visual. I’m guessing, the pins are selectable and provide customer info?

What type of industry are you tracking?

8. auminer

DFW ain't so bad. You just gotta know when to avoid what roads, and plan your day accordingly. It's allright for someone who makes their own schedule.

YES! Each pin pulls up address, name, and other basic info.

You won't believe it, but it's dog shit scooping. What was supposed to be a part-time semi-retirement gig has scope creeped on me. LOL

9. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

And, most likely they’ll have up to 15 cash register lines BUT only 5 or 6 cashiers operating said cash registers. That’s shyt pisses me off.

ducnut likes this.
  10. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

That is nuts. But, I know people will pay for the service.

I was in the lawn/landscape industry for a few years. Dealing with dog shit was a disqualifier, for me. I’m not picking it up, mowing it, or walking through it. Either pick it up or get someone else to care for the property. The implications of tracking into/onto my equipment/person and to other properties is a big deal, especially concerning canine illnesses such as worms, parvovirus, etc. It’s not fair to anyone.

11. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Better than our Walmart where they’re down to two or three checkers (never more). They recently remodeled the front and eliminated all but but five checker lines. The rest are self-check belts or self-check stations. An employee told me the short-term goal for corporate is to get a store like ours down to 20 total employees. They recently closed a store in a community ~15 miles away, which relied on that store. Now, our reduced staffed Walmart has to deal with all that influx of customers, as well. Employee morale is terrible, here. I hate Walmart.

Senna likes this.
  12. speedluvn

Damn! Is that what we have to look forward to?

ducnut likes this.
  13. speedluvn

I have a neighbor who has two dogs, just acquired the second one, she barks all night and all day :rolleyes:, he cuts grass bare foot :Puke:, he doesn't appear to dodge the land mines when cutting.

ducnut likes this.
  14. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

This fits your screen name sooooo well.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

ducnut likes this.
  16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That's really sick. :D

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That does explain the Indian joint by all the truck stops at Buttonwillow being a success. Good food helps too.

BigBird likes this.
  18. 418

418 Expert #59

They're everywhere in Canada. Don't have a problem with them. They seem to be well mannered and groomed. Which is more than I can say for the rest of the trucking population.

19. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Sikhs are good people. They’ve always been pleasant, respectful, and helpful to me. I trust them more than most on the road.

20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Which guy is the Doo-Dah Man?

[​IMG]