1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From the road...

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Jun 1, 2016.

1. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Update.

Marid2apterbilt likes this.
  2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

None of that is surprising.

ducnut likes this.
  3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Ok you drivers, WTF ? :eek:

[​IMG]

4. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Funny the Masturbation notice is from the Hooker? LOL

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

How much is an ""excessive amount of semen stain""?

Is there some tolerable level?

Who determines how many pecker tracks are acceptable?

Dragginass and Marid2apterbilt like this.
  6. Marid2apterbilt

Marid2apterbilt Well-Known Member

My take is if you don't masterbate you can drive a Hooker transport..

I'm under-quallified. Lmao.

7. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Those darned Kiwis. :crackup:

8. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Are they referring to masturabating, while driving? Or are they trying to regulate my down time?

9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

I think they are just trying to mitigate the cleaning costs of the population pudding on the seats. If you are going to yank it get out of the seat. :D

10. Marid2apterbilt

Any state police or calling all state police on this board. Any LEO. Your advice and knowledge will.be greatly appreciated.

Concealed carry (legal) and your state in a commercial interstate vehicle.

Extra credit for what to do and not to do in the Northeast states that are not recip'' friendly.

I can't find any regulations that say we as commercial drivers can't legally carry a firearm in a commercial vehicle.

If you prefer to remain anonymous private msg is fine but would like to be able to post relevant info here.

This might even be better in a separate thread but I'll let the mongolords decide that.

11. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I’d like to take every lawmaker into the areas we truck drivers have to go and let them get a taste of why we should all be allowed to CC.

12. Marid2apterbilt

I used to pickup at a place just outside Chicago. Had to layover one night and was informed not to cross the street although being white and a stranger I would probably be ok. Latins on one side, blacks on the other. It was the dividing line it seems. I had to walk a ways to go get some dinner. :)

I've seen more sketchy people in rest areas at night.
    There are a few truck stops I refuse to visit anymore.
    TA in Baltimore MD, Gary IN, Ontario CA, Petro W. Memphis and TA Nashville TN. Probably a few but those are the worst.

13. 418

418 Expert #59

Chicago Heights is the only place that gave me the creeps. I got out of there before my clock ran out but I wasn't going to stay the night there either way. The murder rate there is six times higher there than the national average.The only things there were churches and what looked like crack houses.

Gary,IN is a shit hole. So is West Memphis. We had a yard there.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I stayed at the J in West Memphis....once.

15. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Dallas tx flying j is a no go zone
    I second the ta in Nashville

Im in Detroit weekly and I always carry since I’m hauling high end cars - closest “moment” I had I was delivering a rimmed up impala or some bullshit in a dumpy Detroit neighborhood but had to unload an r8 and new Bentley to get to the pos - while the cars are on the ground I get a group of 5 or 6 fellas coming up to me and they asked me if I’d ever been robbed . I politely said no because truck drivers have nothing to live for and im willing to die . Haha they went about their business

Last year in Detroit I had one of my drivers get a Bentley stolen from him while
    He was unloading - a firearm wouldn’t have helped but that one still stings . Ended up in a police chase thru det and he got away - carcass turned up about 6 weeks later . Bare shell .

ToofPic and Marid2apterbilt like this.
  16. Marid2apterbilt

So I msg a cousin who is a lawyer in the buffalo ny area. He couldn't answer my question. Ugh. I know for fact he was raised pro-2a. I think he has turned snowflake though. Lmao.

17. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

I’ve been pulled
    Over several times in mi - ten - ga and fl
    The firearm question has always come
    Up and I’ve been honest . None of the coppers have made an issue out of it once they saw I had it properly stored and secured and it was a legit registered unit . Mi loves asking about firearms - but honesty and common sense goes a long way with dot , especially as an owner/op

18. Marid2apterbilt

I've never had one ask in a commercial vehicle, in my personal vehicle they used to ask but not the last few times. Dot has never asked during a roadside or scalehouse inspection.

19. Marid2apterbilt

I did find this...
    United States Code Title 18 - Part I - Chapter 44 § 926A. Interstate transportation of firearms

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/926A

Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a Stateor any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.

(Added Pub. L. 99–360, § 1(a), July 8, 1986, 100 Stat. 766.)

20. BigBird

BigBird blah