1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free afternoon in Denver, what to do?

Discussion in 'General' started by AMac, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Shit...you never said nuthin' 'bout no wife. :beer:

dtalbott and AMac like this.
  2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I think you could do a cruise to Mt Evans and back by then.

Buffalo Bills grave
    Go to Casa Bonita
    Go to South Park (maybe tight on time)
    Go to Castle Rock

For dinner if you want to spend ALL your per diem hit the Buckhorn Exchange, historic. VERY pricey for some super unique dishes https://www.buckhorn.com/menus/#dinner

Oh and while the Ms might be bummed about you going there without her the whores are long gone from the second floor.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
  3. AMac

AMac Well-Known Member

Putting Buckhorn exchange on places to hit next time I’m in Denver!

4. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

She doesn’t sound like much fun.

I’d leave her with the rental car and go it solo.

dtalbott likes this.
  5. AMac

AMac Well-Known Member

Shes back at home but saw the notifications on a shared email acct. the protesting was via txt

6. SuddenBraking

zertrider likes this.
  7. AMac

AMac Well-Known Member

Touché, LOL

We've been married 23 years. Don’t think a shared email is gonna cause issues.

We have our own emails but we sort of share one because the better half’s personal inbox is trainwreck. Important stuff (household business. Kids school stuff, etc) and of course very important Beeb notification go to “our” email cause I actually delete old messages n shit. She just does usually pay attention to the beeb stuff.

and she’s never said no to a motorcycle, so i think she’s a keeper.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  8. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

She probably only protested cause she wasn’t there…. Well at least if she is like mine.

9. AMac

AMac Well-Known Member

Thanks all for the great suggestions. The Beeb always delivers.

Imperial was cool. Sat on an RS660, tempted to pick one up in a couple years once all the kinks are worked out.

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

My daughter lives in the city.. She took me to that REI and I was blown away… especially in the Bike section… Just Damn..

rd400racer likes this.
  11. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I’m a bit of a pizza junkie and one of my favorites is Pizzeria Locale on Pearl St just a few blocks from the mall. I know there are other Pizzeria Locale in the area, but that one is my favorite. Love the dessert that’s a pizza shell spread with Nutella, folded in half and sprinkled with powdered sugar.

12. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Is this code for I passed out snorting the last line of coke from the second of three hookers’ ass-crack?
    If so, :clap::clap::clap:

YamahaRick likes this.
  13. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Go up to red rocks and hike around a bit or Drive to the top of Mt Evans if you have a car.

14. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Well ... Kinda sounds like it already is .. :crackup::crackup::D :flag:

15. SuddenBraking

Bumping this thread - seems like we may have an offsite in/around Denver for a couple of days at the start of June, and I'd love to do some motorcycling while I'm out there (never been to the Rockies). I can extend as long as reasonably needed, but for the sake of argument let's say I can have four full days to do whatever my heart desires.

What are the recommended spots to hit? I'm still debating between trying to rent a dual sport vs a streetbike...........would love any thoughts there as well.

16. BlueR32

BlueR32 Well-Known Member

RINO district (River North) is cool. You can check out Erico Motorsports (some historic motos on display), and Revzilla store (one of three in the US) is right next door. Plenty of local breweries in RINO in case you get thirsty.

If you have a few days, rent a moto (Riders Share maybe?) and head west. I would recommend getting hold of the Butler Motorcycle Map for Colorado. Plenty of amazing twisties not too far from Denver. There's also Pikes Peak but be prepared for very slow going up and down. Views are stunning though.

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

Get a fast car on turo and head up pike’s peak

18. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

[​IMG]

SuddenBraking likes this.
  19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Or down...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]