1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ford Expedition opinions?

Discussion in 'General' started by gapman789, Feb 22, 2017.

1. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

2. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Well, I ended up with a 1-owner, '02 Excursion Limited, V10, 190k miles...loaded for $5800 and 3 miles from me.
    This thing is loaded down...TV's in the headrests, DVD/VCR, front/rear ac/heat controls, electronic vents that open in the back, etc...

Me and the EX went on a Harley ride late yesterday afternoon and saw it sitting in a very small car lot (that I am familiar with) in a small 1-horse town near me.

Did a U-turn, the owner of the dealer was busy with a customer but I walked in anyway, asked how much, and said I'll be right back with the cash.

What sold me was it being a 1-owner rig with 6 pages of Carfax maintenance records from the FORD dealer that the Excursion was bought from.

It has Motorcraft eeeeeryyythaannng. Not a single leak anywhere and looks as if it never ever had a single leak anywhere. Has some rust under the rockers as 99.9% of them do, but is not visible from the outside....yet.

Great Michelin LTX tires. Interior is beautiful except for some normal cracking on the leather seats. But there's not a single blemish/stain on the carpet anywhere. Cargo area just as clean.

I'm happy as hell that I found it. Now Im looking for a 6 or 7 x 14 white trailer....moving up from a 2013 6x12 V-nose.

ex 8.jpg ex 7.jpg ex 6.jpg ex 5.jpg ex 4.jpg ex 3.jpg ex 2.jpg ex 1.jpg

Thanks to the EX for talking me into going for a ride or else it may have been sold before i got to it.
    sarah harley 2.jpg sarah harley 1.jpg

3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

PM me pics of the ride in the last two photos of the top end stripped

4. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I think the carfax lied. It's got way more than 1 one owner and the miles reported are low. Good exhaust though.

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

My only interest would be in an '05-'11(?) 4x4 with manual transmission (did they come with manuals?) so I can yank the front end, trans/transfer case and slap it in my 2x4 '02 F350. :D

If I was looking for the complete package, given the other choice (GM) of full-size SUVs, I'd get the Ford.
    The only reason is that damn steering wheel on the GMs. :rolleyes: