1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Zimmerman's mother was Peruvian and of Afro-Peruvian ancestry.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Cute dodge. Ineffective but cute.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Smart people hate that Obama used the event to further fan the false narrative of a sweet innocent young boy of color out on an evening stroll gunned down by panicked white guy.

But you keep on believing it’s just that white people hate Obama for being (half) black, if it helps you sleep at night.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

[​IMG]

OJ before or after Time Magazine retouched the photo?

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't know what Zimmerman is, I was talking about what you said about Hispanics and immigration. If the overwhelming majority of Hispanics migrating from south of the border are brown, it's not all that surprising that people use both terms interchangeably when discussing migration.

6. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Inflexible, intolerant...the whole nine yards. :D

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

White people come in all colors too, just look at Obama.

Quicktoy and blkduc like this.
  8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

True. There are also Caucasian Africans, but that distinction is rarely made in most conversations.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Exactly.

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Light skinned hispanics can be racist as hell against dark skinned. Brazilians for instance are like that.

People assume hispanics/latinos are one big happy culture. Nah bro. My Costa Rican neighbour said Puerto Ricans "live like pigs".

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

“You guys”? o_O :D

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The family of my daughter's Columbian boyfriend are not highly complimentary of the good people of Mexico. Then again, they say that speaking Castillian Spanish sounds gay.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, most would not. Most people while being good people do not have the mental stamina to deal with bad guys day in and out.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Repetition for emphasis :D

I did make a rational response. You have said the same thing about cops repeatedly. What else should I take from it? Do you think cops are a good thing and necessary?

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

I can’t help but laugh when I remember a kid from Africa who applied for a scholarship that he ultimately was awarded only for it to be rescinded after it became known he was actually a white “African American“ kid and not a black “African American” kid. No racism here. :crackup:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Have you ever actually lived in a bigger city? Even better in the shittier parts of a city? Serious question because your take on this isn't remotely realistic.

ATL is a good example, lately been a rash of car jackings and chases, police chiefs response is to not chase anyone at all for any reason. Guess what is going to happen now?

To top it all off, a guy not being chased the other day still t-boned someone and killed them...

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't hate that he said it, dislike why he said it and his meaning. He was playing it up for his own popularity without the facts and actively taking sides. That is not good if you want to promote any sort of racial unity. Overall though I don't think it made a damn bit of difference, race relations in the US are good and still getting better no matter what jackass is on TV spouting off stupid. Obama could have help more with people who can't see past their own troubles in their own world (understandably) and chose instead to fan the flames. That is sad but he's a politician so not surprised. However while he may have slowed down progress in areas where it was never going to change quick he had no true last effect.

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

What exactly have I said repeatedly? There are plenty of instances where my responses have supported LEOs. In fact, I’m positive that I have posted just as many pro LEO post than anti LEO post. My only issue is that LEO shouldn’t be immune to being held accountable when they violate citizens rights and or break the law. For some reason you are immune from understanding this and directly equate it to me being nothing but FTP and that I hate the police and that they are not necessary which I have never stated nor do I believe.

I’ll gladly copy this post in order to share it with you again and again repeatedly. :D

19. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

If we're talking the sudden absence of all LEO at every level, we're just right back to forming society all over again. If they all disappeared immediately, there would be mass chaos and mass casualties, but the world is nothing but good people forming that line over and over again then asking some to take the job of protecting it. There's nuance to it, but we put the police at the line - they don't draw it, they enforce it.

G 97 likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They are held responsible and go to jail for breaking the law.

I'll find the latest post if I get bored later.