1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

The usage of it has become "with or against" message and policing of a citizenry that is innocent until proven guilty is way more complicated than "with or against".

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid: Yep 100%. Police putting themselves ahead of the American citizens. One step closer to creating a police state.
    They fail to realize who works for who.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As for with or against, of course it's that way, but the cops don't spend the majority of their time hanging out with good people. They deal with people at their worst and people having horrific days and truly crappy nasty people. So yeah, just like the rest of us who are those people there absolutely is an us and them feeling to it.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow you are insane.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

They aren’t the line. The line is the overwhelmingly good and honest citizens who behave in accordance to our social norms and who remain accountable. Police don’t establish this. Police don’t make this happen. The line is every good standing American citizen who values society and others in it.

In Your Corner and Chino52405 like this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Police don’t provide us our rights. Police don’t provide me protection. Police enforce societies rules on those who don’t follow them. They don’t directly provide me any protection nor do they enhance my style of life etc. The general citizenship has a far more greater impact on this than any police do.

7. Chino52405

Police officers have a shit job. No two ways about it.

(I know you said you don't support it so not to you...) Can you imagine if this flag was just flown at police stations in the pre-internet days as a campaign to draw attention to how police viewed their jobs? Wonder how that would have gone over.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bullshit. They are absolutely a line between good and bad people on a very regular basis. Your insanity doesn't change that. Firemen are a line between burnt down shit and not burnt shit. McDonalds employees are a line between hungry and full fat people. All sorts of people standing between one thing and another as part of their job.

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd bet it would totally depend on where the station was located - down to the neighborhood more than the city.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So you'd prefer anarchy? As I said, insane. They do a shit ton more than you'll ever understand evidently.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I have a newfound respect for those poor minimum wage burger flippers.

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Wrong.
    If this were the case then rampant crime would regularly occur in the absence of a police presence. Which clearly is not the case.
    What keeps the average citizen from committing a crime?
    What keeps the overwhelming majority of Americans citizens behaving in a good manner?
    It certainly is not the police.

SOCIETY represents and enforces a line of conduct between bad people and good people on a far greater level and more frequent occurrence than the police ever do, or even can do.

Firemen don’t stand between fire and shit getting burnt down. They may mitigate or reduce the risk of continued destruction but they certainly don’t reduce or eliminate things from catching fire and from being burnt down. They are not the line. They are fire management where they try and help determine a better outcome. Nothing more. They mitigate risk.

NO, each individual able bodied person having a will and drive to keep living and not starving to death is the line.

insanity? :crackup:
    Relax and have a pie. Or two. :D

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  13. G 97

G 97 Garth

They are the only reason people don’t starve to death. The big fat unhealthy obese line. I imagine the line would look similar to this:
    3F422C45-4FF4-4166-9AF2-B5CF6CAFD33A.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Where did you get this from my comments?

Thanks for the patronising remarks Mr all knowing.
    How much does a shit ton weigh? :D

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't want cops, don't need cops, cops do nothing. You repeat it over and over again....

16. 10-15

10-15 Well-Known Member

The thin blue line is simple. It represents LE and separates civility from anarchy. Don't believe me. Let all LE from the Feds down to state and local shut down completely for 2 weeks. Let me know how that would work out for the good people. Flame on!:)

17. Chino52405

Because good people wouldn't defend that line, re-establish it, then ask some other dipshits to stand there and not abandon their post this time. :rolleyes:

SuddenBraking likes this.
  18. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Wrong. People would do whatever the hell they felt like without any possibility of any repercussions. A large chunk of the population already treats them with impunity ... see Baltimore and Chicago as reference points. The police have largely had their hands tied by policy. People behaving really well all throughout, eh? Real simple ... Would you follow a speed limit without any possibility of getting pulled? I sure as hell wouldn’t.

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

I did? Where did I ever state this?
    Over generalize much? Or is your selective reading comprehension not allowing you to make a rational response?

Isn’t “repeating” “over and over” again?

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Works for me. No different than when the LA riots broke out after the Rodney King/police trial verdict came out and we saw private citizens arming themselves and protecting their property and lives.

Sure there would be an adjustment period. I would counter with having a weeks notice to the general citizenship that would allow them to ready and prepare for such a change. I guarantee you measures would be put in place that would counter any mass explosion of lawlessness.

The general citizenship will pick up the slack and survive in due time. They always have. They always will. The police work for the people, not the other way around.