1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

To be honest sounds like a shitty Dad. So when things get tough, simply throw your own kid on the streets after you did a crappy job of raising him. What am I assuming?

2. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

So your a police chief, your son's 18 and a criminal, if he's stealing from you, would you keep him in the house. How do you know he did a crappy job? I've seen bad kids from good families and good kids from bad families. Why is it the parents fault? Even little kids know right from wrong. I was pretty much free to do what I wanted from my freshman year in high school, moved out before I graduated. Guess "I" made the right choice more often than not.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Uh, because he kicked his kid out for being a thief.

And what denotes a “good” family? What denotes a “bad” one?

Oh right. It’s “society’s” fault.

Who knows? How many people have you shot and killed?

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Pickle already hit all the highlights.

What does it matter if I’m a police chief or not? Are you implying that only a police chief is capable or incapable of raising or not raising a kid. The reality is, it has nothing to with anything other then it’s a/his job.

I know he did a crappy job because he kicked his own kid out of his house. What part about this don’t you understand?
    Do you think he did a good job? Do you think that parents that do a good job of raising their kids regularly kick their own kids out of their house?

Of course there are good kids from bad families and bad kids form good families. Who stated otherwise? With this being stated, I’m sure that far more good kids come from good families than from bad families. Of course there are exception.
    In addition, where did you get the notion that I was talking in absolutes?

It’s the parents fault for not imparting good behavior on his kid then when said behavior further evolves over time as the kid gets older, the parents answer and go too move is to simply boot him out of the house. Sounds like the definition of crappy parenting to me.

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I couldn't get the second part of the article without paying
    but this is from the town I grew up in. The chief lived near
    us and was one of my paper customers. The son had one
    of my two paper routes before I got it.

screenshot-www.newspapers.com-2019.11.26-10_24_51.png

6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Man, I don't think I've seen these many assumptions in such a short window....LOL!

It's entertaining to watch though! :D

7. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

As a follow-up to this, finally a Mayor who has the balls to fire this piece of $hit... . Well done Mayor, well done indeed...

Chicago police Superintendent Eddie Johnson fired - Chicago Tribune
    https://www.chicagotribune.com/poli...0191202-lhqimuqmdrasze5etkxweac66y-story.html

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

9. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Meh.

My dad kicked me out @ 17, and I was hardly ever in trouble.

Best thing that could have happened. Time to grow up.

10. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

I believe he already put in his papers by the time the Mayor's IG completed their investigation. The Chief had to have knew thru his own interview as well as the officers that he fucked himself. The firing on integrity (Brady ruling) will be the end of his law enforcement career altogether to include security clearance. The sad part about it is there's about 50-100 supervisors per major agency that skip over clouds throughout their entire career while good hard working police are criticized and screwed by people like him.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Doesn't matter how it's marked or even if it's a legal GPS - if they snuck that shit onto your car it's now yours to do with as you please. I cannot believe that shit got through the courts as far as it has.

They screwed up using that as the excuse for the warrant for sure. Now a scumbag will get off because they didn't wait for a real reason to get a warrant.

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I saw that this morning, cops fucked up but the guy did alot of stupid shit leading up to it.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How’d they fuck up? Guy was a non-compliant suspected car thief. They used a proper escalation of force and the guy’s poor health caused him to die from something that shouldn’t have killed him.

It’s not like they rammed him to a stop, jumped on his hood, and put 15 rounds through his windshield.

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Honestly I didn't see the health issues part. I'd read it somewhere else and didn't see that part of it. My bad.

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Didn't see the discussion on the Miramar police using civilians as human shields while pretending the freeway is a free fire zone.

None of the brave law enforcement officers were harmed while protecting and serving, hiding behind, shooting over, through and into civilian vehicles.