1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Don’t you know that as soon as you get your 600 hours training and your tin badge you become a hero and your life is more valuable than a mere commoner’s?

2. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

The robbers killed the UPS driver as a hostage. Would you have rather they let them go? The UPS driver and another innocent civilian were killed. Whether you agree with the tactics, they stopped a major threat to the public whole. There's no perfect scenario or police training of a congested area to take out 2 killers in a UPS truck. The families will sue and the city will settle, rightfully so but the officers took action and ended the threat. Quarterback all you want, otherwise strap up some leather and join the force.

XFBO likes this.
  3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I would rather they had let them go and not
    kill innocent civilians, yes sir. That was insane.
    And no, I don't need to be a cop before I get an
    opinion on what constitutes bad judgment
    on the part of law enforcement.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  4. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Do you understand what a hostage is? Why would they blast their only means of leverage? They haven't determined who killed who yet, but let's be real here, there's a 99.9% chance the cops killed the UPS driver when they fired indiscriminately into the cab. We'll never know though, since I'm guessing the FBI will be collecting the evidence...and they were part of the shooting.

Here's your brave officers in action.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1202742863785840645

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don’t think the robbers killed anyone.

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Lol ok Rambo.

Does "strap up some leather and join the force" include hiding behind innocent bystanders? Because the video clearly shows your heroes doing just that.

7. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Keep the armchair warm gents, love you guys... :D

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Robbers, not killers. Bad guys didn’t open fire until hemmed in by the police and traffic did they? Everyone that died did so by police bullets.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Carnac the Malignant has spoken.

So it is written, so it is.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Do you have evidence otherwise? If not, STFU.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I’m not the fucktard claiming all the casualties were hit with government issue rounds, fucktard.

Did you get that, fucktard? Yeah, fucktard, I’m talking to you. Fucktard.

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It’s the premise of the entire conversation AND the source of the public’s outcry over the incident.

So until you can disprove my speculation, shut up and go mage me a fucking sammich bitch.

13. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Just like all the public outcry over Mike Brown? All you have is speculation, as well. Now go make your own damn sammich. Jesus.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

40 some cops armed with high powered rifles and 30 round mags vs 2 bad guys armed with handguns. Odds are on my assumption being correct.

15. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I'd bet the driver was shot by the officers, something similar happened here several years ago. Long chase, police shot the hostage as they fired hundreds of rounds into the car. Someone from the sniper team with a rifle could have solved it and not endangered everyone else in the process. In that case they found rounds in houses several hundred yards away. It did become part of training for some agencies. Risk to others was way too high in Floriduh. And I know a few officers that agree with me on it as well.

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fucktard

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fucktard

18. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

And yet, all it takes is 1 bullet for you to be wrong. Again, all you have is speculation.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Careful, you don’t want to be labeled a fucktard due to your sound reasoning...

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You make it sound like it’s a coin toss. It’s not.