1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Don’t know that she forced her way in.

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

You still don’t get to stand in someone’s doorway and shoot them either.

wtf

crashman likes this.
  3. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Show me a single time I’ve defended her on that front. Wtf, indeed.

4. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL, the speculation is rampant on this one. While it's interesting to speculate about what caused the incident it does not answer any questions. My first impression was that the officer, and the victim, both suffered from an unfortunate string of unlikely events that ended in his death but, I'm going to wait until we get some facts.

What did somewhat irritate me is the immediate gathering, and jumping in front of the news cameras, of the usual racist part of the black community of Dallas before any real information came out. It was a cop, hopefully white as far as they were concerned it seems, that shot a black person. Their trigger was pulled. (No pun intended) It seems that they actually enjoy raising hell when they get the chance.

I understand that the family and friends of the victim will be upset, sad, and will want to know what happened, but some of these black community spokespersons seem locked and loaded ahead of time in one of these incidents.

5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

What lunatic fringe news are you reading/watching? So far I've only seen normal speculation, usual anticipation by the media in their endeavor to entertain/foment instead of inform, and the usual suspects with their self-serving agendas.

Family upset? Yeah, I'd say so.

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Gonna be an interesting weekend.

One of my guys has a job scheduled at SouthSide tomorrow morning. I'm seriously considering pulling him.

The main reason against doing so is that it's scheduled for 7AM... these types of miscreants usually don't rise with the crack of dawn.

7. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

What I find incredibly weird is that the family retained an attorney that has essentially failed to get justice in a few high profile cases. I guess making noise is more important than justice......

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I suspect he sought them out, not the other way around. His justice is his benjamins.

trussdude likes this.
  9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

People don't often go out looking to get the Herpes or the AIDS either but those diseases continue to find people. Just like shitty lawyers.

R Acree likes this.
  10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

A good outcome is not conducive to keeping the rage going.
    I wonder who is paying the lawyer?

11. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Infected people unfortunately sometimes give those out on purpose. Just like people that harm/kill others.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How do you have any idea what the Rangers have found out? They don't hold press conferences to try and push their agenda....

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Was it a release or did some reporter get a copy of the warrant and go from there? Looking for drug stuff seems like an easy warrant to get so not really a big deal on that part to me, means nothing. Not like any drugs he had in his house would have any effect on her manslaughter trial.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Not sure why anyone is talking about the weed or the warrant.

15. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Not even close. There is a crap ton of sinnin' going on in all churches. No one is perfect even those who are trying hard to be so. Then add in the ones that are hugely flawed and going to church trying to 'cure' themselves (pedos, cheaters, etc)

16. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Warrants are obtained by police in every homicide case for scenes, property, etc of BOTH parties involved. The shade tree lawyer failed to tell their clients (victim's) in this case that this would happen and makes them look clueless. Or giving them bad advice to act outraged whether real or perceived is a bad move. Depending on the motives of the victim's family, it'll be interesting to see where they proceed. Typically families who stay out of the limelight and maintain an image of respectability are significantly better off from my experience.

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/p...-of-the-national-use-of-force-data-collection

The FBI is pleased to announce the official launch of the National Use-of-Force Data Collection will take place on January 1, 2019. The National Use-of-Force Data Collection, the first of its kind, is an addition to the national data collections in the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program.

Law enforcement officers across the country face complex and dangerous policing environments that may result in the use of force. To date, there has been no mechanism for collecting nationwide statistics related to use-of-force incidents. While some law enforcement agencies and states have proactively developed their own use-of-force data collections for use at both the local and state level, there has yet to be a consistent, aggregated view of such data from a national perspective.

At the request of major law enforcement organizations, the FBI established the National Use-of-Force Data Collection in an effort to promote more informed conversations regarding law enforcement use of force in the United States. The goal of the collection is not to provide insight into specific use-of-force incidents, but instead to offer a comprehensive view of the circumstances, subjects, and officers involved in such incidents nationwide.

The FBI collaborated with representatives from various law enforcement agencies and organizations throughout the nation to develop the features of the data collection. Law enforcement agencies are now able to contribute their own data to the National Use-of-Force Collection, which will provide the public with necessary facts about law enforcement use of force in the course of their duties and ultimately strengthen the nation’s confidence in law enforcement.

By contributing to the National Use-of-Force Data Collection, law enforcement agencies can demonstrate their commitment to better data. Agencies can access the National Use-of-Force Data Collection via a web application in the FBI’s Law Enforcement Enterprise Portal (LEEP), which allows agencies to report incidents electronically, either individually or by bulk submission. As with all UCR Program data collections, participation is voluntary.

The National Use-of-Force Data Collection is supported by the Criminal Justice Information Services Advisory Policy Board, the Association of State Criminal Investigative Agencies, Association of State UCR Programs, International Association of Chiefs of Police, Major Cities Chiefs Association, Major County Sheriffs of America, the National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives, the National Sheriffs’ Association, and the Police Executive Research Forum.

For more information, please visit fbi.gov/useofforce.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  18. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

19. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Those roadside drug tests should be illegal. Far too many incorrect and questionable results.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sure seems like it, holy shit.