1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

It is like people telling a secret and not wanting it shared...yet time and time again, people run their mouths and the beans get spilled.

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

So it causes some problems while helping resolve others.
    No surprise. And with the video, some people used to skating may find things documented enough to effect a different outcome.
    The court gets to see how the cops act but it also gets to see how the criminals act.

jase likes this.
  3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Are you afraid your opinions of it are equally as stupid?

4. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I read the whole thing. The basic premise seemed to be that if an officer's recollection of events disagreed with the video footage, the footage must be wrong. First we insisted that LEO accounts could not be trusted. Now we want to give them more value than video footage. Talked about damned if you do. That said, I don't see an issue with having the officer write a report both before and after viewing the video, although instant playback capability would make that difficult to enforce.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The report? Nope. The past half dozen years? Oh yeah, easy conclusion to draw.

6. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

600, if you haven't already, go back and read the entire article. Yeah, it's kinda long but the writers do have a point that I, for one, had not considered. The first incident listed in the article showed one thing on the body cameras while a nearby surveillance caught the complete incident that showed something different. I don't agree that body cameras show anything racially biased but they do, or can, show a distorted view of something.
    Just saying.

7. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

And what's worst, each time that "secret" is told it changes just slightly. Eventually, the secret is completely different from the truth.

When I was young we used to play a game called "Gossip." The person starting it would write down a secret message on a piece of paper, fold it up and place it on the table. He would then whisper the message into someone's ear, then that person would whisper it into the next person's ear, and so on and so on. By the time that secret came back around to the person that started it he would state what he heard out loud then unfold the paper and read what he had originally written. It was hilarious how much the story had changed. Real life and also a joke. :)

8. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

The first incident was a very bad example of racism. The LEOs would of lied in the report even if they did not have video. They probably made up the lie because of the video. It would not matter if they arrested a green alien from mars, they were going to make a false report.

9. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

LOL....nope. I think its stupid to come to a conclusion of that article when you only read the first paragraph.

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL, got your crystal ball working again huh? I thought that damn thing seized up coming off the back straight sometime back. :D

11. Crackhead

Crackhead Expert

12. jase

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:stupid: Can't even imagine being that guy. He never had a chance under that kind of pressure.
    But he's probably a moron for not obeying orders. :rolleyes:

cpettit and SnacktimeKC like this.
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

He’s definitely dead.

15. In Your Corner

There was no way that cop wasn't going to shoot the guy, no matter what the guy did.
    That cop is a psycho.

cpettit likes this.
  16. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

To arm chair QB this:

It looks like dead guy reached behind him to pull his pants up? When he brought his hand back in front of him there was clearly nothing in it, and that's looking at the shitty quality body cam footage. While I couldn't tell in the video, if the officer had his finger off of the trigger there would have been enough time to process the motion and that his hand came up empty by the time his finger went from the trigger guard to the trigger in the ready fire position. Piss poor shoot 100%

I'm very bothered that the "you're fucked" picture wasn't allowed in evidence.

17. jase

Yea, i think that cop was on a power trip. Damn sure sounded like it.

18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Aren't they all psycho's to you Mike? :crackup:

Since you guys like video's.....has this one been discussed yet?
    The heart pumping bits begin at 1:15.

19. In Your Corner

You approve of his actions?

20. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

If I play the narrow minded game like you by just using that video, then I'd say NO would be the proper answer.

However, KNOWING that the media doesn't report accurate info or often times leaves out important info a more reasonable reply would be need more info. Apparently, the jury received more info that acquited him so I'd have to guess TMZ might have left some important stuff out.

I'm just looking fwd to hearing all the expert opinions on the video I posted????

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017