1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For The Bicycle Peeps... New Bike.

Discussion in 'General' started by burner42, Oct 21, 2010.

1. slower than u

slower than u Well-Known Member

Sweet bike man ! :beer:

2. Gumby647

Gumby647 SeƱor Member

Bike looks nice. I had a fit done a couple months back by a guy using a Retul 3D motion capture rig. It was a pretty big improvement in both comfort and efficiency. My Powertap is definitely showing more watts for a given heart rate than before. I think getting the hip angles and the knee tracking right made the biggest difference.

3. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Very nice! I ended up with the six carbon 5 in the same-ish color scheme. Love it. I will be happy to expedite your wera kit in exchange for those wheels.

4. FreakZone

FreakZone Well-Known Member

Super nice ride, even it's a crack'nfail!

5. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

For a 15lb. bike without pedals and tape, sucker!!!! My Orbea is 15.75lbs, Dura Ace 7800, Mavic Kysrium wheels, pedals, cages was $5500. That new Dura Ace must be heavy.:D

6. Tracee Polcin

:crackup: Broke one myself, fatigue crack on the right chainstay just behind the bottom bracket. The frame, which was a mtb, lasted for 4 years of competition and a couple 24 hour races. Cannondale replaced the frame, so no complaints. Too bad Cannondale isn't an American company anymore.

7. burner42

burner42 Well-Known Member

The bike retails for $9000, my buddy races for a team sponsored by Cannondale, he got me the frame and components for dealer cost, I actually have about $5500.00 in it, & Yes I am racing it.

It is a 58cm.

I just got back from Austin Tx, had a pro fit done too, Retul 3D, spent about two hours getting everything dialed in... he changed quite a bit... especially in my shoes/pedals. Should be a huge improvement!

Deal, send me the kit first...:D

I have owned 6 Cannondales dating all the way back to 1998, 3 mountain bikes and 3 road bikes, never had a problem with anything! I did hear about the first generation Super Six having a faulty rear triangle whick would break on occaision. I have seen 2 Orbeas break at the bottom bracket, and my buddy has blown out 3 Gary Fisher Superfly frames!

8. burner42

Post up a pic! Is it a 52cm? Mine is a 58... I gave up a little weight on the wheels too, but they are strong, I can use them to race and train... I watched my buddy snap his bottom bracket on his Orbea Orca, 1.5 year old bike, they did not warranty it, they did sell him another frame for dealer cost...:down:
    I do like Orbea though, but im a Cannondale fan.

9. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Nice! Makes my Six Carbon 1 look like a Huffy.

10. burner42

You mean this bike? This is my old girl, I feel bad, she was just replaced by the new Super Six... really nice bike... but....

[​IMG]

11. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i need to do this at some point this winter. i hear its like the best money you can spend. after i spent all this money on my build up too last year, i figure i owe it to myself.

12. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

that sucks they did that. that frame is so damn rad looking, but geezus i'd shit a cow for that much money down the drain. and yea i'm like 15.5lbs. on my build up too. Kuota Kebel, all SRAM Red, Mavic Carbone SL's, etc... i built it up with R-sys at 14.5lbs, but those wheels suck donkey dicks unless you weigh 150lbs, really couldn't handle my weight at around 200lbs, or how hard i crank going up hills cause i have huge leg muscles... broke the hubs all apart and shit, so i had to switch up and gain back another pound.

you guys are taking the expensive path here tho geezus. i got my frame new for $800 marked down from $2200, my wheels new at $700 marked from $1400, and basically every component new for half price or less, all new. just gotta scour ebay for those no reserve, starting at $.99 deals. i think i'm into it like $2400 or so, for what would probably be a $5000 bike retail.

13. Tracee Polcin

It's a 54cm, was my 40th birthday present. I worked in a shop at the time so I could of picked from numerous brands we sold, Cannondale, Trek, Scott, Orbea plus a few more. The Orbea was the only bike I could get with exactly what I wanted.
    We built a Scott Limited for a customer that weighed in at 13lbs for a 52cm, just sick. We got down to under 13 with a few choice parts.:up:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  14. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

burner sweet bike man
    i like the black white scheme

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

In the immortal words of my college dorm RA, "I can't see pedaling like hell just to give my ass a ride."

16. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

What the hell? English please.

S rmas d12 the campus shit ultegra and bomb proof tubies!

17. CWN racing

CWN racing Well-Known Member

exactly what part did you not understand?

18. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

Damn. You kids don't mess around, do ya?

19. Wouldnt look so bad if they didn't go cheesy-ass-overboard with the "Cannondale" decals. I mean seriously, we get it.

Reminds me of the first HEROIC suits that had a decal everywhere they could possibly fit one.

20. burner42

That is some funny shit!!!

Makes it easy to spot in a peloton with 80 other bikes riding at 30 mph... got to get that free advertising when you can!
    Yes it is a CANNONDALE in case you were wondering :D