1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Florida

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Jun 10, 2017.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

GA does not burden me with all that much cold. Stay in FL long enough and 60 is cold.

LisaU likes this.
  2. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

Ten Reasons why Miami-Dade and Broward Counties are good for you if:
    1. You are Caucasian and don't mind being a actual statistical Minority.
    2. You have absolute control over your Road Rage.
    3. You can legally own and carry a Firearm.(I guess you don't have to be legal. A lot aren't down here)
    4. You like to sweat, profusely
    5. You intend to learn Spanish
    6. You like to do Track Days and/or Race motorcycles year round.
    7. You don't use your turn signals.
    8. You hate elevation, snow, curvy roads and bone chilling cold weather.
    9. You love rain, everyday.
    10. You think the far left lane on the Interstates and Toll Roads is the fast lane.

3. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

Been in the Crystal River/Homosassa Springs area since 1997. Not a bad area, but the mountains beckon and east Tenn will soon be home
    :D

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Damn Laird...how you doin' Bud?

5. Paint Shaker

Doing good! Miss the hell out of your safety briefs!! How you doing??

6. Paint Shaker

Florida in a nut shell- 9 months of sweltering heat and humidity, 2 and a half months of decent weather, 2 days of winter. Plenty of good food and dive bars.Beach is fun, but will never be able to afford to live on the beach, or have a beach view. I think I ridden my street bikes all 6 times this year. Much easier to jump in the jeep with shorts and flops, then put ridding gear in the heat and humidity.

Moving to east Tennessee soon. Much more comparable with Maryland where I grew up, except the winters will be shorter! :)

Britt and NemesisR6 like this.
  7. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

He lives! :beer:

8. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Accurate. However, I think our sweet spot for weather is from mid/late October through April. There are some aberrations, but usually the rains have seceded quite a bit, the humidity isn't as intense, and the high-noon sun isn't as extreme.

Here on the space coast (Brevard) is perfect, IMHO. We get enough of the sea breeze to keep temps about 4-5 degrees cooler in the summer compared to further inland. Close enough to the beach to take impromptu trips for the afternoon, but not close enough to pay beachside prices. Only a short jaunt to Orlando is you like theme parks/entertainment, but plenty of local stuff too.

However, I keep hearing Tennessee mentioned, and I think that may be the wife and I's destination after the kids are grown and living their own lives......my uncle lives up there and it's just beautiful.

9. backbone

backbone scarred for life

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You should move that to the Youtube thread. Fast.

11. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Wish I could work and live there also. :( Hate the fucken cold up here in Montréal.
    Trying to get in to Pratt & Whitney in Opa Locka.

Own a duplex in Miami.

12. Paint Shaker

LWTSB FTW!! :rock:

t11ravis likes this.
  13. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

:crackup:
    Always goes back to that race doesn't it? :beer:

14. Timothy Landon

There is a Pratt&Whitney complex almost across the street from Palm Beach International Raceway. Opa Locka is like South Central LA.

15. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

TENNESEE is all full up . how about south carolina ,or maybe willmington lots of water sports there. or maybe metalhead town.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Nope, last vacancy was filled Sunday.

17. Timothy Landon

Too many Hurricanes in the Carolina's

18. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Heading back to Crystal River Nov. 1st ... that will give me 8 plus weeks of Grouper fishing, before I have to target something else . Nothing better than Grouper Sammi's :D

Captain Morgan likes this.
  19. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Born and raised, not to many states where you can drive 20 miles and question where your at

LisaU likes this.
  20. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Yes on in Palm Springs but don't know if they do engine repair (machining)
    In Opa Locka, FL they have many openings for machinists in repair (overhauling) It's either P&W or UTC but all in the same family and they say employees can benifit from their ''International Assignment'' program. :)

I work for P&W Canada Plant 5 (repair) here in St-Hubert, Canada.