1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Florida

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Fkin daily monsoon right now.

2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I was in St. Petersburg with my brother for a couple of days. His first time in Florida. We were sitting in a restaurant packed with old people. The four at the table next to us looked like they had escaped from a retirement home for a couple of hours. My brother looked at them and asked me who I thought had driven the car to the restaurant. Terrifying thought.

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

And we'
    And we're full of wisdom so the young bucks should listen to us. :D

5. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

I went to law school in St Pete. You're right, that city is FULL of old people. All they appear to do is drive to Publix.

6. vance

vance *

Race season started January 7th and ends December 2nd, so technically I think the only thing that's seasonal is the official scoring.

I moved to Naples with a snowboard, so yeah, when in Rome. Buy a boat, eat fish, swim and get a tan.

t11ravis likes this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Del Webb FTMFW

8. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Relocating gramps? :D

9. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Born and raised in Jacksonville. Lived here on the Space Coast (Brevard) since 1991.

I've been almost everywhere else, and it just doesn't have the same appeal. Sure, there are goods and bads, but overall I can't see myself anywhere else. Relatively sane cost of living and the ability to do everything or nothing and be pretty satisfied either way.

Once October rolls around and I'm sipping coffee on my front porch as the sun comes up with a perfect 68 degree breeze? Yes, please.

The fact that it lasts for 6-7 months just reinforces the decision to stay here......

Steeltoe likes this.
  10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

And, you're getting a minor league hockey team! Almost entices me enough to move:D

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Glorious weather!

[​IMG]

12. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Hey, I never said the summers were perfect, lol. But at least most days are pretty predictable.........get anything you need done outdoors finished by 2-4pm before the afternoon thunderstorms roll in.

The heat/humidity can be pretty bad, but at least here on the coast we get some of the cooling Atlantic winds. When it's 85 here it's usually 90+ in Orlando.....

13. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Exactly. My thinking is, old is more a state of mind and there are way too many old people in Florida well under 50, let along those over it

14. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

4th team in 20 years. Hope they get more people this time!

15. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Woo hoo! I will be there Trav. Who am I missing? Lizard Kings, Barracudas,.......

16. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Just before the lizard Kings, forgot the name.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not to FL. Left in 68 before the Snowbirds took over. I enjoy visits, but not to live there again.

18. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

FL is nice to visit for a week every few years. About the only place I'd consider living outside of East TN would be central UT.

19. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I've spend the last 3 winters in Ft Lauderdale .. Nov- April . I love it down there , always something to do . I'm a Water Baby , so swimming , diving , Spearfishing right off the beach . I'm 153 steps from front door to Waters edge . Tons of bars and restaurants within walking distance right on the strip .
    That being said , next winter I'll most likely be in Homosassa Springs . Relatives inherited a place there, I'll have to check out that area . :clap::beer:

20. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Do you ever go to Southport Raw Bar? I don't know what it is about that place, but I go every time I'm in Lauderdale.