1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First: Kill All The Lawyers

Discussion in 'General' started by YamRZ350, Feb 16, 2016.

1. charles

charles The Transporter

You mean to tell us that all this time and blather, accusations, and threats... and still no body bags stuffed with zoot-suited fancy-talkin' lawyers?

2. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Dang, I had hoped the bump was news of an actual outcome to the case.

3. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I'm waiting to get my yeller ferrarrah at a big discount...

At least the Babushka case ended in a verdict.
    This just drags on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on with no dead lawyers.
    *sigh*

4. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Isnt that the intended purpose? :rolleyes:

5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

So all this witch hunt accomplished was the shutting down of LSTD and pissed away a bunch of club money that could have been better used for almost anything else...

8. inge

inge Between fight or flight, one should choose wisely.

This will go on for years.

At the moment, the federal trial court concluded the defamation claims against the individuals will go to trial. After that first trial, the appellate court will consider briefing on issues surrounding the money the individuals stole from the CMRA and, based on existing case law, likely send the matter back down for a second trial. This is appropriate, because the individuals argued they have no obligation to follow the law, by-laws, or fiduciary obligations if they kick out whoever complains. Think about that.

At least one more lawsuit is expected in the interim, and I will be stunned if criminal indictments aren't forthcoming. This could have been handled in-house, but no, these gangsters had to roll the dice.

VFR#52 likes this.
  9. G 97

G 97 Garth

A current member in good standing needs to file.

VFR#52 likes this.
  10. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately that wont happen cause then you would be black balled.
    Notice Forum board got shut down when members starting asking questions in public?
    Ive been told that if any of my buddies are seen talking to me at a CMRA race that that would be held agaisnt them.
    And people who have chatted with me at Cmra events are real nervous and looking around.
    Lol.

Steven Isenhower #52

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Just when you thought it was over, the zombie comes back to life.

VFR#52 likes this.
  12. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I fixed it for you.

13. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Thats so cute.
    Could have been settled yrs ago by club.
    Maybe if you read the documents that have been presented you would know that. Duh.

Steven Isenhower #52

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  14. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

A limited number of claims against those individual, the other issues I thought were dismissed with prejudice meaning you can't re-raise those issues/arguments in a new case?

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Where is Broome's f#(ks given meme?

VFR#52 likes this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What did I miss? It seems like the club had nothing to settle. Only individuals did. Did I misread that claims against the club were dismissed with prejudice? :confused:

17. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Your understanding is correct. Any action dismissed with prejudice will be dismissed subsequently if re-filed. That does not mean he can't appeal this decision though. Furthermore, the complaints were dismissed in PART, so the remaining parts survive. For now.

I only skimmed the decision, but CMRA as an organization is no longer a part of the suit. The Court held that the Plaintiff has no standing to sue an organization of which he is not a member, and that CMRA is not liable for the posts of forum members. They also found that he didn't effectively plead that a contract existed, thus his claim for breach of contract was also dismissed, with prejudice.

I don't think the Court went quite so far as to say that 'losing an election isn't a damage,' but that appeared to be the hint.

VFR#52 likes this.
  18. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I have read the documents that have been presented. As a member of several boards, I took particular interest in Inge's case against CMRA it because it's exactly the what is happening in elite club level and youth travel sports in affluent communities.

And no. This would never have been settled years ago for simple reason that Inge's personal feelings got hurt and no amount of remuneration or statement of apologies from the CMRA board will ever fix that.

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Very little if no chance at all this got settled outside of court.
    It does appear that someone got schooled on case law thou. LOL.

I seem to remember a few disgruntled posters on here threatening to sue either Mongo or WERA or both over certain postings on this BBS. I wonder where they are today. LOL.

VFR#52 likes this.
  20. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well while i can agree with some of what you said.
    The BOD never followed the bylaws of club.
    And have never said or admitted to any wrong doings at all to this day.
    And while part of this is settled.
    The rest of the information will come out in court.
    But the people being sued have never tried to settle at all.
    So lets not just lay blame on Peyton cause you disagree or dislike him.
    Hell you should read the flame job on me on Cmra forum.
    Whoops you cant cause its been removed.
    Along with the rest of public forum to censor its members.
    Have a great day.

Steven Isenhower #52