1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeler: 1990 FZR400 for sale

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Metalhead, Jan 28, 2017.

1. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

In this case two VFR400s both street bikes.

2. grady anderson

T
    Though as Andrew will tell you my shopping has been all over the place
    I have been thinking about the small bore classes in CCS this year
    FZR400s would seem to be the best choice so as to include LW Vintage
    That said I have inquired about and/or bid on a 91TZR250, 90 NSR250 (2), YZ250f in FC frame, VFR400, FZR400 (2) and even a Kaw 300 race bike
    I will most likely just race my DB5R but Winter is the time to consider options
    I may be wrong in thinking the small bores are less physically demanding but at 65 years old it is a consideration
    I thought I had the solution with my KTM 690 but it is a WERA class bike and since WERA has left the Mid Atlantic I sold it.
    I am an impulsive buyer though when I see interesting bikes. Hence my presence on this thread.
    Oh did I mention? I wish I hadn't sold them KTM. MH, learn from my (as well as others here) mistakes
    How about a pic of your FZR posted here. So we can all raise a toast to you keeping it.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  3. grady anderson

Probably not my wisest post.
    Old Fart is too old, decrepit and out of shape to race his Bimota. Awwwww poor baby
    But that is the case. Time to park it and just admire it. I will not make the mistake of selling it.
    So maybe I'll throw this out for opinions on another thread but since I am here on the Vintage section...and I am myself vintage....Are small bore and/or slower vintage bikes much less physically demanding to ride? Or is shuffleboard in my immediate future?

4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Awww poor ol'fella and his bimota:pJust get a 400 whether its a kawasaki,honda or the best one......yamaha,and get out there........:D

5. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Does your 400 have a #50 on the tail section and were you riding it this weekend up north of Taylors?
    I saw a 400 up there by Velocity Church near my house.....

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

that must have been him.
    he also has a metalhead sticker under the taillight. or above.

he was trying to bring us racers sammiches to tally but got lost. it must have been the estrogens from windex'in the house.

Funkm05, Stumpy and Shenanigans like this.
  7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

That was me. Did the shutters blow off your house as I went by?

ToofPic likes this.
  8. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Shut up.

9. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

You looked to be coasting up to a stop sign lol...
    Next time stop by if you are in the area....

You were so close you should of smelled the paint fumes :)

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

Coworker got clocked doing 114 up there Sunday. He's not happy right now

11. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

ouch thats going to be an expensive ticket!

12. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Yes it is significantly less physical on a small bike. I can do 4.5 races on the 400 but on the 600 im shot for the day after 2

13. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I'm sorry,but what is Velocity Church?? I have to ask,as it may be a religion I'm interested in..Great name!!

14. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

15. grady anderson

Thanks for responding. That is kind of what I thought. While I originally thought it was mainly the Gs from braking from a higher speed it may be more than just that.