1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeler: 1990 FZR400 for sale

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Metalhead, Jan 28, 2017.

1. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

You'll be sorry. Don't do it!!! I mean it!!

2. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

MH .. listen to these guys , don't do it ! You can't believe how sorry you'll be if you do . If you need cash , sell one of the chillins instead :D

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Sorry not for sale. I just can't do it. I'll figure something else out.

4. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

I can't tell you how happy that makes me. I was going to send you references verifying that I would be a good home for it. Now I don't have to.
    I have no idea how long my list of "shoulda kept that one" is but I think it includes almost every bike I have owned. Over 52 years riding so there were a lot.
    And I always make sure they go to good homes. Once I refused to sell my SR500 (the nicest of the 4 I have had) to a guy because he was going to put it back to stock proclaiming to be a purist.
    FZR400s are cult bikes for a reason. I'll have one eventually, just not today, but yours will be at the best home it could have. Yours.

V5 Racer and Metalhead like this.
  5. grady anderson

Nor should he.
    But see how close I got?
    God's plan and all......;)

6. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Good move ... I sold a 1972 Kawasaki H2 750 with a Denco motor and custom expansion Chambers back in 1975 ... that decision is still eating me up at least every other month since then ! :(:confused::mad:

7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Just damn.

8. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

damn metalhead that was close. thats your baby. done stuped like that myself. regret lasts a long time.

9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I'm staring at her right now. Still makes me smile.

10. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I'm late to this party but I agree with the outcome of this thread. The only bike I truly regret selling was... you guessed it : a 1990 FZR 400 and it was built with all the nice stuff : Ohlins and a D&D shorty that sounded like the Doomsday of Apocalyptic end of all motherf@cking Times.

If you ever lose your mind again and want to sell it, give me another Facebook call and I'll come and rescue the poor little baby Fizzer :D

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

trust me, i already counted them benjamins.

and i'm way closer. but too close for him to come back to me for it.

12. cha0s#242

It would be safer beyond his grasp, like in another country. I'd let you ride it if you come over though :D You wankers should make the trip to Mosport this year, it's going to be one major event for the 50th anniversary of the Canadian GP.

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

what's that? riding moose and drinking maple syrup?

14. cha0s#242

Raping moose and riding women :D

Phl218 likes this.
  15. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Note to self.....stay in the states.

Phl218 likes this.
  16. cha0s#242

Are you afraid they won't allow you back in ? :D

17. grady anderson

A bit off topic but how much hassle is it for a US citizen to go to Canada to buy a bike and bring it across the border into the US?
    Since MH is keeping his Fizzer, as well he should, my shopping has gotten a little wide ranging.

18. grady anderson

:beer:

19. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

Grady, What is it you are shopping for/ Street bike , SSport, SuperBike?

20. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Grady, I brought an RD400 back from Canada about 8 years ago. At that time it wasn't a real big deal. Did have to go inside on the way back into the states. It was a race bike and I had the Canadian version of a title, US customs did give me a bit of hassle about the lack of any DOT gear. I had to basically convince them it was going to stay a race bike and I had no intention of titling it. I think like so many "gov" things it all depends on who you get. In my case the counter person was a bit of a hassle but the guy that came out to inspect the bike was cool and basically pushed the paperwork thru.