1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1- here we go

Discussion in 'General' started by lee955i, Mar 13, 2014.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

yeah, i'm not sure what going to happen with him. he's the same way really. talented enough to win in any car, but between the ears he is lacking..
    and i guess now paul tracy and robbie gordon are looking to race the 500 also.
    http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...contemplating-indianapolis-500-rides/6377255/

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yep. That was an awesome sound in the old turbo Indy cars when the gate opened and that popping sound came thundering out.

3. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

They have waste gates.

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

The traditional waste gate is only used as a safety backup to the energy recovery systems in case of a failure.

6. Venom51

I predict less than half the field will finish Sunday.

7. noles19

I predict you're right and also Massa will win the race:up:

8. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

Neat stuff in theory, not so great on track. Yet. Kinda funny how, in some ways, they have reinvented technology used on WW2 aircraft engines. The old dudes with slide rules were big into harvesting waste heat and so forth.

9. Venom51

This is going to be an unmitigated freakin disaster. Good job you little troll. The testing ban should have been lifted for this off season.

10. noles19

didn't the FIA come up with all of these changes?

11. DonDDR

DonDDR Well-Known Member

Where can we see that??????

12. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

13. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

This isn't Bernie's fault. He doesn't like the new regs either

14. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

the whole car should be a giant heat exchange machine.

na f1 engines heat up...i cant imagine one that is being fed a buch of hot air

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He's starting his second year as an announcer on French television. He verbally kicks someone in the nuts every 10 minutes. It gets really funny sometimes. And the other guy can't really contradict him because, well, he has the credentials. :D