1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F the Better Business Bureau

Discussion in 'General' started by Huey130, Jan 27, 2015.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

On the subject, funny thing about Angie's List:

Good reviews are actually a problem. I ask customers not to post reviews there, because the more glowing reviews we get, the more they harass us to pay them.

Ultimately if you refuse to play their game, they will relentlessly solicit negative reviews from your customers until someone bites. Sound ridiculous? It's not.

2. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Somebody needs to sue the shit outta those groups

3. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I like to quote Jed.

:D

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

BBB kept calling a few years ago so I finally listened to her spiel one day. After going thru it, I asked her what the avenue of resolution was if someone filed a complaint. She said they would call me, get my side of the story and and make a decision about my rating. I said thanks, but no thanks and please remove me from your call list. Haven't heard from them since.

5. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Well, I know where I am not taking my shit to get worked. Fuck that hack huey, and can you believe he has an F with BBB. How is the poser still in business? OMG! IDK how any one could still there. I am out, TTYL.

:D

6. eggfooyoung

F is for fuck that place. Take yo shit elsewhere!

7. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Better business bureau did absolutely jack fucking shit for our business.

We used to be at the point we had no advertising..... not even the yellow pages because we couldn't keep up.:up:

Yelp destroys mom and pop restaurants around here. Fucking ridiculous what they have done to the hipsters over their smartphones. Nobody makes their own decisions anymore.

Both should be outlawed, or at least more regulated.

At the end of the day......word of mouth will get you more business than anything.

I guess that depends on what kind of business it is sometimes though as well.

8. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Cussing at customers Huey? He musta been an asshole. :D
    The whole review/complaint looks like it was written by a 5 year-old.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Funny, you plug the shop into the googlinator and the yahoo reviews are 5 stars, the yelp is pretty much the same and I can't even find the BBB review.

I think you don't have a thing to worry about.

10. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I went to the BBB and typed in Marietta Motorsports otherwise nothing but glowing reviews of the best little motorcycle shop in the souf

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, found it but I had to work to find the review.

12. eggfooyoung

And it's from last April. The BBB rating is a B-.

Still, FTBBB.

13. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

stilllll waiting on that name :D

14. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

It's still an eff. You were looking at Mountain Motorsports.

15. eggfooyoung

16. eggfooyoung

Side note, A, B, C, D, F. What the hell did E do to get skipped???

17. sdg

sdg *

E is for Excellent. duh

18. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

19. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Same here. I would give this situation the same care, consideration and deep thought as emptying the lint tray from my dryer.

20. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

My first 5 years of teaching were in a district that didn't give out "f's" on report cads. Instead we gave out "e's" for effort :D