1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F the Better Business Bureau

Discussion in 'General' started by Huey130, Jan 27, 2015.

1. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

The more volume of customers you deal with the more kooks you run into. The BBB is a joke. Kook customer can demand anything they want and if you don't do it then your complaint is unresolved. Its extremely rare that a happy customer will write a review. Maybe 1 in 20,000 if your lucky. And don't even get me started on the scam that is Yelp. Those cocksuckers make organized crime look good.

2. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

3. pkaustin

pkaustin Well-Known Member

4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Take it up with the BBB. They'll take your side if you become a member. They ALWAYS side with the business.

Others here are right. The BBB is a scam. They extort money from companies by offering to protect them from a threat that they created.

That said, my business is BBB accredited with an A+ rating. :clap: :rolleyes:
    I fought it for years, but eventually I caved and played the game. I send them ~$400 per year, and they give me my useless rating.

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I'm gonna file a BBB claim...

6. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Hold on. The BBB will make this f rating go away if you pay them? How is that remotely legal. That is textbook extortion isn't it?

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Same thing Yelp does. Advertize or you'll be buried in shit reviews. :rolleyes:

8. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Well, all of those sites and "services" have 100% lost all accountability with me.

9. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

This. Every review I get goes into the "reviews that are not currently recommended" tab that is essentially hidden from view. Got a call from Yelp trying to sell advertising, nice guy basically told me those reviews would be moved out of review limbo for me if I gave them money.

10. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Huey, think of it like the first scratch on your new body-work.

It's out of the way and you can focus on what you do: Awesome mechanic stuff!

And sideburns. Awesome sideburns!

11. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Or, think of it like he never should have done work for that customer after the second incident with him. Sorry to play devils advocate, but sometimes the payout just isn't worth it. And installing his shitty supplied parts was a no no.

12. caferace

caferace No.

I've used the BBB once for a major problem that the company didn't want to fix. They would blow me off on the phone, and just never follow through. Filed a BBB complaint and it was fixed, same day.

That being said, if I'd read the BBB page for the company before the issue I never would have used them. They have a horrendous track record.

-jim

13. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

I agree with the BBB is a scam. I dropped them years ago

14. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Since he can post bad about you on the BBB. That's public info. I want his name.

15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Bats and blanket party?

Chango likes this.
  16. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

I try and be a bigger person... No fat jokes.

17. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I just like to quote Jedb.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Huey is really me standing on Chip's shoulders in an XXL Huey suit.

19. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Can you file a complaint with the BBB about the BBB :confused:

20. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Yessir. I didn't know about the Yelp thing, but Angieslist isn't so impartial either.

I fought off the BBB for years, told them I wouldn't pay. One day I looked at my BBB profile (that they arbitrarily create) and saw my business had a B- rating. If I can brag for a moment, my company's reputation is stellar, the best in the market, so I was confused. Also disturbing was that the company in my locale with the absolute worst reputation had an A+.

I raised hell, and was told that the BBB doesn't grade based on membership, but the only way to get an A rating is to become accredited, which costs $450. :confused:

I eventually caved after my sales rep told me that several customers had asked about our rating. In the end, it's easier to pay the bribe than spend time explaining that the BBB is a sham.