1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eyes on Virginia

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Dec 15, 2019.

1. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Except, when the law is on the books. It’s really, really hard to get it repealed.
    Then you run into the case of the rogue local DA who’s hell be t to make an example and pulls the law out that was previously not enforced.

2. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

No state shall pass a law that violates the Constitution. Its a pretty cut and dry line to get repealed.

3. baconologist

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

jrsamples likes this.
  5. Ducti89

Legislation banning assault rifles and accessories. The banning of the gun is the most egregious.

Legislation and language found in the “extreme risk” category and the separation of property from a person, otherwise known as an illegal search and seizure. You can base a criminal complaint through behavior and threats and make an arrest. If youre not at an arrest, youre at a violation of the 4th and 14th amendment.

Legislation enabling localities to enact stricter gun laws. Private property owners can dictate what they want on their property. Localities, especially common areas including public access cant pass laws in violation of the Constitution.

6. baconologist

I don’t :shrug: but I’m not a strict constitutionalist. Many of those laws are similar to CA, IL, NY etc.....

ducnut likes this.
  7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The dems HATE the Constitution and will do anything to get rid of it.

8. Ducti89

Which maybe in violation of the Constitution. The legality of those laws has not made it to the Supreme Court yet.

9. baconologist

Banning specific named machines is allowed already.
    GA specifically bans CC at public events already
    GA specifically bans All weapons in public buildings/schools
    I do have an issue with the slippery slope of non convicted mental health cases. That needs more debate.

10. baconologist

So just like abortion, this is a topic to rile the base, catalog the despondents and distract from something else more damaging.

11. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

NG? Impossible. Yeah, that's I thought. It has already happened dude.

I'm not saying that it will happen again, I'm saying that it has been proven that a local NG HAS kicked in doors and seized weapons at the direction of the king.

12. Ducti89

Banning a firearm is unconstitutional. You may be able to ban explosives and some munition, but that is illegal.

The banning if cc permit holders may also be unconstitutional, especially if its in a public or common area. Open carry may be a viable loop-hole.

Public buildings are still under the right of private property and is appropriate.

13. Ducti89

Its not distracting when youre killing babies and its not distracting when youre taking firearms. Both accounts are egregious.

14. baconologist

I’m not debating that they are egregious.
    I’m saying these two topics rile the base into blinded focused action. So blinded that they ignore everything else. So “other actions” go unnoticed.

15. Ducti89

What tops those two topics? Death has my undivided attention and the ability to defend myself from death has my undivided attention.

I know what youre saying. What are you suggesting that is behind the curtain so to speak?

16. baconologist

I don’t know whats behind the curtain i don’t follow VA politics closely, yet.
    Like all politicians the current crop just want to buy friends amd keep their jobs.

Ducti89 likes this.
  17. Ducti89

Completely unconstitutional. Regardless of it being a state of emergency. Shall not be infringed means the second amendment is not conditional.

18. baconologist

Except that it is, as has been proven by decades of laws to restrict types, require “premits” age rules. Etc.....

19. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Bullshit. All of that is violation of 2A and has been upheld by activist courts.
    The 2nd amendment is crystal clear and nowhere does it state any particular type of firearm is deemed inappropriate and unlawful to own. If someone wants to own a rocket launcher, they should be able to. Period.

Wheeliest and jrsamples like this.
  20. Ducti89

Restrict types of what? Firearms? Unconstitutional.

Permits? Most states “shall issue” permits to their citizenry. Theres nothing wrong doing a back ground check to substantiate the person asking for the permit. Open carry does not require a permit.

Age rules. Appropriate.

And just because its “been happening for a long period of time” does not make an illegal practice legal. It has been challenged in DC where conceal carry permits where not issued under Barry. A court challenge over ruled that law and found it unconstitutional.