1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Explain "White Priviledge" ..... Seriously

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Robby-Bobby, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Are you a good orator? Try opening a church.

Love sports? Open a "football camp" for kids.

Famous like Deion Sanders? Open a charter school.

Popular? Run for office.

Really morally flexible? Get into the victim game, like Sharpton and Jackson.

The possibilities are endless (and so are more examples).

2. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

What if you self identify as a minority?

tony 340 likes this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Be president of the NAACP

StaccatoFan and R Acree like this.
  4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

You over estimate detroit. You have one black guy who dresses like TD Jakes and lives in Cleo McDowell's house and subcontracts the work to a suburban contractor to do the job, not even shit wages for his neighbors just a 10-20% off the top for him and kickbacks to politicians. I have a long time friend who was approached to 'bid' a job by the city. He said he was not interested in bidding that job. They replied that he had already won if he used sub x and y just submit the bid. He declined, about 6 months later Kwame went to jail :crackup:

tony 340 and Fonda Dix like this.
  5. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm European American

6. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Maybe so, but if deep down you feel like you are part of the Ndebele tribe that would classify you as a minority. It's in the Democratic bastion of Detroit, should be easy enough?

tony 340 likes this.
  7. cfaddict

cfaddict carbonated

read the first 46 posts...thought I'd $.02.

Me? born into poverty. divorced family by age 5ish... dad alcoholic and into heavy drugs...mom bouncing around men who were mostly druggies... growing up with "hand me down" store clothing. made fun of..picked on bullied because of my socio-economic status.. beat up by my moms boyfriend on a regular basis.
    got just about every driving infraction known to man by age 23....save for driving under the influence or open container...never done it.... paid thousands in fines. always always pulled over for smallest wrong doing
    scrutinized like hell at every job
    flights? always pulled put and extra security checked...
    fired from job after job from smallest mistakes when i was younger

no drug history ever
    no drinking laws broken ever

still struggle and always have to cover my ass every step of the way to avoid getting into trouble

busted my ass and got a degree in automotive and a BSN RN degree in health care struggling financially every step of the way with absolutely no financial assistance from family and a heavy student loan burden

oh yeah....british, Irish american 100% caucasian

white privalige my ass!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

scottn, StaccatoFan, Spang308 and 2 others like this.
  8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Kudos for your perseverance.:clap:

nd4spd likes this.
  9. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

10. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Ya know what- I’m off.
    This is another one of those willfully ignorant attempts to flip a narrative and feign innocence. You don’t need to look far to see what it is.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That looks more like blue privilege, and it's a travesty.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Why is that? Must we unquestioningly accept the white privilege narrative before we can even have a discussion? That's BS and you know it. I don't and can't know what it is like to grow up black. You don't and can't know what it is like to grow up white. Let's just stay ignorant. Cool.

cav115 likes this.
  13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

No doubt it's tough growing up black.

I can attest that it's tough growing up white and poor... not broke, but poor... some of you will catch the Dave Chappelle reference.

I'm assumed to be a beneficiary of this ethereal "white privilege" simply based upon my skin tone. Trouble is, there are precious damn few college scholarships specifically for broke-ass white kids. There is no National Association for the Advancement of Cracker People.

The argument could easily be made that it's harder now for a poor/broke white male than any other soicioeconomic/ethnic grouping.

cfaddict and G 97 like this.
  14. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

No sir. It’s more about outright refusal to accept documented fact and clear examples out there for all to see. I could pound this thread with fact and all it will do is launch a tirade of opposing denial and alternative fact finding.
    Simply put, I can’t make a case to anyone that refuses to budge from their position.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Why must it be willful? How about just ignorant? Or more to the point, off topic? Some white person's story about how they, in particular, did not enjoy the benefits of white privilege, is not a persuasive argument that white privilege does not exist at all. It just means they have not observed it, or noticed it when they did experience it. Willful ignorance is ascribing a motive to someone's conduct...they do not see it, and they do not wish to see it.

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Sounds familiar.

auminer and StaccatoFan like this.
  17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Probably not, because very few people live lives that fit nicely into a statistical box and will reject any counter to their position. Is there some benefit to growing up white? Sure. Is it universal? Fuck no. Are there options for assistance that are available to blacks that whites cannot access? Yes.

For most, personal experience speaks far louder than statistics. Telling someone their experiences are not valid is not going to be received positively.

auminer and cav115 like this.
  18. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

brex likes this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah man, good on you. Keep pulling on that rope.

20. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Exactly.....alternate fact finding......and not budging.

I have many black, mexican, and asian friends.

They all think for the most part it`s a farce. Does it exist? Yes.

In some cases are blacks given better chances or treated more leniant.

Yes.

There is no epidemic, except the one created by big O when he demonized police on national TV without facts, that almost always turned out to be on the side of said police.

Ferguson is a prime example. Look up videos of that POS and buddies kicking the shit out of an old man they were robbing; yet the media called him an angel.

Race does not matter in this country. Work hard , have a good family, and prosper.

Not always easy, but always attainable.

My 02.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    StaccatoFan and Spang308 like this.