1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Explain "White Priviledge" ..... Seriously

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Robby-Bobby, Dec 1, 2017.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Is anyone forcing anyone to burden their children with names that will cause them problems?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You mean "Meta World Peace" is not taken as seriously as "Robert Smith" as a name on resume. Who knew?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  3. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Point taken. I used the incorrect word. From what I have seen, most corporations today base everything on credentials regardless of color. Our project management group is like that. They will ignore a person that has proven skills but be all over someone who has no track record or history, just a piece of paper that says they have achieved a minimum standard of proficiency. But they can usually pay the new guy less and there is no line on the balance sheet for inefficiencies caused by inefficiency.

So the most current study shows that there is no evidence of bias between whites, blacks and hispanics but there is some question about the results for the "black" names because in some peoples opinion the first names were not black enough.

The politifact article an opinion based on 14 yr old data from what looks to be a race baiting college student on CNN in 2015 when emotions were running high over the Ferguson, MO shit show..
    Slate data was from 2005. That is pretty old as well and I would not put much faith in that to accurately reflect what is happening today.
    HuffPo? You may as well quote InfoWars...

So no, that does not save me any pondering at all. All I know is I have alot of coworkers with ethnic sounding names that had no issues getting hired or advancing. And in one case possibly the worst employee I have ever had was put on a strictly "hands off" status by our HR person even though I had far more write ups and documentation of incompetence than I should have needed to get several people fired.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Meta World Peace was a millionaire before he changed his name. He didn't need to send resumes anywhere.

6. Venom51

I seem to recall him not having a 45 syllable first name though before he changed it.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Ron Artest? OK, if you say so… :D

8. Venom51

Ron is a pretty reasonable first name. He may be a lunatic but it's a simple name.

9. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

White privlege does exhist, racism does exhist and every ethnicity in the world has experience it.

The whole slavery thing is old and outplayed. You were not a slave, your parents, grand parents and probabably your great grand parents.

Same goes for white people, slavery sucked, move forward , work and be happy. In the US if you really want to put in the time and effort, the skies the limit.

If you are black,white,hispanic, ect. and have a shit work and moral etheic , well we all know the story

badmoon692008, blkduc and jksoft like this.
  10. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I canh't consentrahate.

condon66 and eggfooyoung like this.
  11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Can someone just change his name to Bacardi151 already?

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Text me where you hid your money before you sober up...

13. Captain Morgan

I'm on a boat heading to the Caribbean for the next 3 months, have fun on the tracks

G 97 likes this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:D

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Is LitFam Geekbonics?

16. Venom51

Fuckin idiots come in all flavors. :D

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I don't wanna tell you how to live your life, but if you're going around tasting idiots, maybe you ought to rethink your strategery. :Poke:

18. Captain Morgan

Once again , you are another one of the beeb master spell checkers, awesome. You get the gold star today. Drive to work tomorrow with your held high and enjoy the sweet victory. I'm in St. Lucia going diving tomorrow and kiteboarding all weekend. Wish my little nook reader had spell check and then I could be smart like you. Cheers

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh...Kindle is da bomb.

20. Captain Morgan

Should have bought a kindle. Pick one up when I get back. Does it have spell check so the beeb elementary school spelling bee champs will quit busting my balls?