1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EX500 Racers!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by redciv1, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

The second time you was airborne. LITERALLY airborne. I caught you out of the corner of my eye and saw the whole thing. I was actually yelling in my helmet "NOOO! DON'T CRASH! DON'T CRASH!" lol.

2. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I did really well when I ran EX500's. They are nearly bullet proof. Parts are cheap. They crash really well. They are cheap to run a season on and they will teach you to go fast. I ran V6LW, V5, DSS, DSB, V5, LWTSS, LWTSB and Clubman in rotation. Usually 6 races a weekend. lol

I just bought one of mine back recently. It had just been sitting for about a year. I sold it in 2011 and I think it was on its third owner since. It will be for sale come February. I just put some good tires on it and serviced the carbs and oil change.
    It has:
    Penske double clicker
    Race Tech Emulators
    Woodcraft rearsets
    Full Muzzy exhaust
    Vortex clip ons
    Race plastics
    EBC pro rotor
    SB brake lines
    EBC pads
    Frame sliders
    K&N air filter
    etc.

I'm taking it to Jennings for a track day in two weeks. If it checks out, it will be for sale after that. $1500

3. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Sorry I meant 600!

4. redciv1

redciv1 Well-Known Member

Hey Tuna, you have any photos of this one. Shoot, I could catch you coming back up to Georgia. Really interested.

5. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Replied

6. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

A 64hp EX superbike grenading after one season is very very depressing.....

7. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Bring it on Bub.:D

Just probably not at Scummit Point...

Another EX rider here. Probably the best fun to dollar ratio of any race bike I've had. You really feel like you are riding it at the limit, not so much on the other modern bikes I've ridden.

Mine has always had a mild engine, the current one is pretty much stock (there is a set of 2 mil over pistons in the garage that need to move in there). It has the common F3 front end, F2 rear wheel setup with a 600 Ninja swingarm. An Ohlins shock from an old ZX-6R is the nicest part of the bike. Tires last a long time which is a bonus.

If you look I'm sure you can find a decent one without breaking the bank.

Good luck!

8. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Low 80s? I thought above 70 they were nothing more than grenades. How do you build one in the 80s?

9. redciv1

The F2/3 front and suspension, is this for the 1st gens to use the 17"rims?

10. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

It is also to allow the second gens to run real race tires. The stock second generation EX wheels limit your tire choices because of their width. The F3 front end is also much better than the EX.

11. redciv1

Wider than a 150/60 rear? Is that much tire needed, well I guess if you are running more power than stock then I could see that.

12. bruceiam

bruceiam Well-Known Member

A lot of women are like that, but since the divorce I dont ride her any more.

On a different note I have a parts bike, no tank, seat or body but with title and V&H exhaust if anyone wants it for $200. Ill bring it down to RA this spring some time.

13. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

The tuners/engine builders I worked with are retired now.
    97% of it is from the piston up.

14. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

My last EX500 with the 540 kit, megacycle cams, headwork pulled 63hp on hueys dyno.

15. redciv1

Pmd

16. Blakester122

Blakester122 Well-Known Member

Hahaha Kurt your EX road fine the last time you let me ride it. :-D

17. Blakester122

Blakester122 Well-Known Member

@redciv1 This is the bike I rode last year. The bike had a really nice setup. Charley could probably go into better detail of all the equipment.

18. redciv1

Question for everyone and forgive me. Are tire warmers used only on slicks or racing street like BT003s?

19. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

You funny. Real funny. So funny I let you ride a 250 the next time yo busted a$$ bike wasn't working, how did that work out for you?

:D

Pretty much any tire will benefit from using warmers.

20. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Most, but not many have been put in the 400 frame as it is Alum. I had one. It kicked ass. Then went Kaboom. Fun bike though. Takes making special braces for the rear engine mount. And extending the lower rails. I had a SpeedWerks built one. Fun bike. Handled its ass off.

RA gearing.

And add some Flatties. :D