1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EX500 Racers!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by redciv1, Jan 19, 2015.

1. redciv1

redciv1 Well-Known Member

EX500 racers out there. Want to pick your brain as far as set up and all that good stuff.

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Put it in a FZR chassis and youre good to go:D

3. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

The EX I bought from Smoke a few years back was the best I have ever seen/ridden. I'll dig up the specifics and list up later. No EX could hang with it and it handled superd. Kick myself in the ass for not keeping it.

4. redciv1

I would appreciate any info. As tempting as it is to get a 600 for first race bike, I think I will stick with the EX500 and hone the skills and just overall newbie race learning in general. BTW, any for sale then by all means let me know. Would prefer a turn key.:up:
    Thats a good one!!!

5. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Red I can't help with the EX cause I don't have one. But I do race an FZR so we'd be racing the same classes. I'm not against having another bike on the grid to make me look bad.:D

Buy it.

Kurt Kessler and Eric Crews on here both race the 500. Maybe they'll see this and chime in.

Good luck.:up:

6. redciv1

Hey Metal, that's some good encouragement:crackup:. So now, there will be two that they are talking about.

7. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:crackup:

Truth, the man speaks it. My ex was initially terrifying to ride, now it's only mildy alarming.

El Skwid! has a sorted one for sale.

8. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

The 500 is a blast to ride. I am considering selling mine which was quite competitive in 2014. PM me if interested.

[​IMG]

9. britx303

Damn Kris,really selling? Ive been tuning on my EX/FZR hybrid to get it running finally good,to give it another go in V6lw at Summit.It was running like a dog with hip dysplasia. I guess the FZR is going to keep ya busy.:up:

10. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

I can tell you that the FOGbones from ex500.com do wonders for turn in. They are shorter than stock bones raising the rear to a much better height. I don't remember the #'s involved but I'm sure you can find them there.

11. redciv1

As my initial reading begins, I have heard quite good things about the FOG bones.

12. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Second gen SV650 bones.

13. M Aderholdt

M Aderholdt Active Member

EX 500 gearing for NOLA.....like RA or TGPR ?

14. redciv1

thanks

15. redciv1

PM sent to you Kris.

16. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

I am not sure. I have too many bikes right now and can't keep up with all of them. I will never get the $$$ I have into the EX out of it, but it may be time to let it go. Then again, Mr. Ball and I have a score to settle. :up:

17. redciv1

BTW, what is this EX/FZR hybrid I am hearing about? is this the EX motor in the FZR4/6 frame?

18. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Buy a SV? :)

19. redciv1

LOL, I really was thinking about one, but that inner voice says "wait on the EX500":up:

20. britx303

I was referring to the one i built,but others have done it too from what ive read. My EX500 is in the 600 chassis,because my 400 chassis has my 600 engine in it.Yes another 400 frame is ideal,but the 600 chassis was what i had lying around doing nothing without an engine.