1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everyone Relax...War's Off

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by CorollaDude, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Where did I say the Clintons' were involved in the Lincoln savings and loan?

2. mad brad

mad brad Guest

shit man, i pissed my pants that was so funny. :D

3. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

Uh Dave, maybe because we signed some treaties? and we stick with our word? or we gonna repeat our old treaty behavior like we did with the indians? You know, the old attitude of fuck-em-all?

Seeing as how we have a trade deficit (more comes in than goes out) we just might need a little global coorperation. I'm no economist, but I don't think we wield the big economic club like we used to.

I wouldn't like it, but I'm not against a war with Iraq, just against fighting the rest of the world.

Just a thought... Korea, Viet Nam, Gulf wars didn't put much of a crimp in the lives of most citizens like WW2. If we have to start rationing gas and other commodities, how many would keep supporting the effort?

4. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

Bruce,

I think you hit the nail on the head. It is funny, of all people that should have historical perspective on the failure of appeasing the like of Saddam, the European's are the worst. They are guilty of everything that they accuse the west of being:

Isolationists
    Arrogant
    Not Clean (Sorry, your nose still tells you when you are in Europe)

Well, the Euro's win, and we all lose. Actually, I think if Saddam hadn't made that left turn in 1990, he would have stayed in strong favor with the US. We actually need someone like Saddam (One that won't lean so heavily to the radical left) to keep rule in a country like Iraq. Iraq as a whole is fairly progressive, but fundamentalists are graphically violent in their desperate attempt to herd their sheep.

I think Saddam was the best choice for us, but he had to screw that up.

As a whole, Muslims hate us. They are taught that way from birth, and when they are moderate, we usually piss them off with our "They are ragheads" mentality. You can blame whomever, but we both have a dislike for each other.

I guess I state all of this, because over the last week, I heard that the "Bush Plan" called for setting up a democracy. "Is he *ucking nuts or just plain stupid?". Did Powell not brief him on how life works in the middle east. There is no such thing as a peaceful democracy in the middle east.

I have to admit, I am actually glad we are not going to war. Bush showed us what a bunch of Bozo's his administration is made up of with his naive and flat out stupid foriegn policy.

We do need to nuke one of the countries over there so that we get their attention, but without an intelligent strategy, it is a wasted and damaging effort. For those that are unsure of this, just look at the French and Vietnam, US and Iraq (Pre-1990), US and China (pre/post WWII), US and Cuba (Fidel should love the US), US and Pre-1988 Afaghanistan, and obviously there are many more, but point is that many countries are usually directly responsible for their own nightmares...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2003
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, Fuck-em-all. And we all know treaties (like the one that France has to buy most of it's oil from Iraq at a bargain price or ones signed between Stalin and Hitler to divide Poland in 1939 or... oh, you get the point) are worth less then the paper they're written on. It's time for the US government to put America first.
    Imagine the health care our seniors could get with the hundreds of millions that the US wastes on it's UN dues per annual. Or pissed away on UN sponsored programs that aid people who would kill an American tourist sooner then eat a donut. Imagine the value of the land that the UN stand on in NY, lease it and funnel it into subsidizing a college education for any American who needs the help. Far fetched and idealistic yes, but worth the time to investigate.
    The majority of the world hates you and me (as Americans), and you know it. Why give them millions to subsidize their hatred?
    Aid, total cooperation and free trade to our friends. A bullet or isolation from our markets to our non friends.
    America for Americans (black, white, red, yellow, nationalised... ALL Americans)

6. SpongeBob WeaselPants

So we can share the love? [​IMG]

Why Dave, you're almost sounding liberal tonight; Mom will disown you... [​IMG]

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nope, not a liberal. Never going to happen. :D
    Want to know what I would do with the Tobacco lawsuit windfall? Take it all, give the lawyers nothing, and spend it equally on a national health care system and tort reform.
    Maybe I misled you on the free college education. There would be a catch. :)

Lots of wild kookie views. :D

8. SpongeBob WeaselPants

You're dreaming Dave, wake up, before you start thinking of voting for Hillary :D

9. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Woodrow Wilson dreamed up and got the League of Nations rolling, but Congress didn't ratify the membership charter (or whatever...), so the United States never joined.

10. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Yep, that's what I recalled. I even thought it was Wilson, but sure wasn't going to post that around here without being positive! ;)

The thing I can't recall is how willing we were to join the UN? I realize the world had changed a lot (due to WW2) between the League of Nation's days and the UN...

11. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Wow - out of 7 predictions, I think you got ZERO right.....:beer: :rock:

....although, I'm not sure about the outcome of the last one.....so you might have salvaged at least a point:up:

12. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Oh, I forgot to predict about how the world-hated and ridiculed United States is still the magnet for people from all over the world (UK, too) to flock to for a decent living in a civilized society. :Poke:

BTW, where's the real war? This is tiddly winks compared to World War II. You remember, where we saved you from speaking German. :beer: :rock:

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Tourism is down... is that the same?

Oh, and you forgot to diss him about their bad denture...

:)

14. mad brad

mad brad Guest

well, you can just take your ass to england and speak german. :D