1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Endurance Race at Pitt Race full course July 2016

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by BEi Racing, Jan 12, 2016.

1. omnivore

omnivore Well-Known Member

Cool beans.
    As soon as anyone knows the rules andclass structure, post it up.

2. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

http://www.n2racing.org/

3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

So, if I'm reading right- 7/15 track day for $215, 7/16 WERA regionals and 4 hour, 7/17 WERA nationals

4. rob92

rob92 Member

That is correct, we're sorting out the track day configuration to accommodate the number of racers expected for the combined weekend. If you haven't ridden it, the full course is a ton of fun. Registration for Friday practice has been opened this afternoon. We have a lot of balls in the air, but it's all coming together very fast and shaping up to be an epic weekend event.

dsmitty37, JBall and Wade Parish like this.
  5. Tristan

I just registered on the N2 site, I see the date available but no class above Int. Also unclear if a N2 membership is required. Are there plans for a separate racer registration?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No WERA sprints Saturday. Combined Sportsman/Nationals on Sunday only.

7. Tristan

so what are they doing Saturday besides the 4 hour? lotsa practice time?

8. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

You probably can't register for Advanced unless you have run Advanced with N2 before, or show them an Expert race license - at least that is how NESBA worked.

9. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Yeah, but it is well known that "NESBA Sucks"...

Seriously though, I don't mind paying for a track day, but I sure hope there is a race group.

Wade Parish likes this.
  10. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

don't you WANT N2 to keep the "Advanced" registrants limited to those who aren't going to be way off pace? I'm sure it won't be a problem to register in Advanced if you have an Expert race license.

I don't know Rob real well, but he's a smart and reasonable guy. He's going to make sure things are done right. Sounds like they might even be considering 2 advanced groups or something.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno, N2 day, we're running the endurance for/with them. I'm sure we'll get into details soon.

Wade Parish likes this.
  12. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Practice is typically until 11, with races starting at 12:00 or 12:30, as is. With a four hour race, I would guess it won't be all that different. Maybe a little more practice, starting the race at 1:00.

DucatiBomber and Wade Parish like this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure though with being combined with N2 - normally I'd do a round or two of sprint practice, then 30 min Endurance practice to fill up the morning. I'm guessing they might do half a track day essentially.

Wade Parish likes this.
  14. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

In! Might even bring someone fast with me. :)

15. Chuck Ivey

Chuck Ivey Well-Known Member

hmmm. Team Velocity Racing.... a reunion race would be awesome! just need a bike guys.

DucatiBomber, jimmyv138 and Bburns912 like this.
  16. Speedracer74

Speedracer74 Well-Known Member

Army Of Darkness is in! This is going to be a blast! I can't wait to see some old friends.

-Ben

DucatiBomber likes this.
  17. dspaw

dspaw Active Member

I would like some help/clarification on the classes.

From the N2 website I get this description of the classes: Heavyweight – A & B Superbike, A & B Superstock Mediumweight – C Superbike & C Superstock Lightweight.

When I look in the WERA Rulebook - I see that A & B Superbike are unlimited displacement. The A & B Superstock Mediumweights 750's and 1000's with superstock rules. The C Superbike/C Superstock are essentially 600's and 675's.

Is that correct? Am I missing something? Is there no SV Class, or would the SV's run with the 600s?

This brings up other questions - like what are "good" lap times for a 600 superbike vs. a superstock SV on the new course? Also curious about lap times for a big Ducati or 1000 superbike v. 600 superbike v. SV. Is there any data available yet?

Thanks.

Dave

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think there might be a comma missing between C Superstock and Lightweight in your post.

WERA ran 3 classes - HW, MW, LW. All allowed Superbike mods (which includes SS machines).

DucatiBomber likes this.
  19. dspaw

dspaw Active Member

Oh. I copied that from the N2 website.

So the classes are:

Heavyweight - A & B Superbike, A & B Superstock

Mediumweight - C Superbike & C Superstock

Lightweight - All machines legal for LW Solo races

Is that correct?

20. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Yes you are correct.

If you guys find anything like that as far as typos, questions or suggestions just let me know.

I will start checking this thread regularly. You can also email me at:

[email protected]

As far as questions go about the format for Friday we will have that finalized soon.
    We realize that a typical 20 minute Advanced session could create some issues for teams trying to get up to speed so we are trying to figure out a reasonable solution.

Ride safe,
    AAron